Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Btdefender Services Not Responding - Every Day!

Options

Every day I bring my computer out of hibernation and every day I get BitDefender Services Not Responding, please restart!!!!

This is very frustrating. I have a notebook computer and I thought it was a good idea to buy BitDefender.

Windows Vista SP1

BitDefender 2009

attached is screen shot.

What should I do?

Anyone help?

post-22512-1239364743_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Please tell me what other security solutions do you have running on the system together with BitDefender?

• Please tell me what other security solutions do you have running on the system together with BitDefender?

its with everyone,,do not Blame other antivirus,,its happening right now with me and their no other antivirus,,its clean pc and after format,,

have a nice day

I got no other security solutions other than BitDefender running on this computer.

I even have windows firewall disabled.

• I see that every other post on this forum is the same question I am asking.

Is Bitdefender working on a fix?

How about BitDefender acknowledge that this is a known issue and start working on a fix? At the least that will make us users feel better if not anything!!!

And Diane - stop asking "please tell me how many threads vsserve.exe is using and if we have any other security solutions installed"! You got an answer from every one of the poster and you very well know the answer to that question. Just makes everyone of us think you have no idea how to do your job. I recommendation: Go talk to a developer and see if BitDefender is working on a fix and if so, give us some info.

I am this close to calling you guys and demand a refund for a product that's not doing its job. I've already started using AVG in my new computer and stopped recommending BitDefender.

• mguest
    Options

I have the same issue on a new install of Shield Deluxe 2009. Windows XP SP3 no other anti-virus or firewall software running except Windows Firewall. The Bitdefender service will crash usaually within 1 minute of reboot. The service can be manually restarted from the Windows control panel and it will run for 1 or 2 minutes before stopping again.

I have rebooted, repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled with no improvement.

An install on a laptop running Windows XP SP2 does not have this issue.

post-23297-1239554404_thumb.jpg

• lutz
    Options

Sorry - what's Shield Deluxe?

• mguest
    Options
    Sorry - what's Shield Deluxe?

PCSecurityShield markets a product called "The Shield Deluxe" which uses the BitDefender antivirus engine, through some licensing agreement, I assume. As you can see they share the same engine and, sadly, the same bugs.

• lutz
    Options

Ah, I see, like "G Data". They use BitDefender and Avast! engines.

• djmach
    Options

i got the same problem

after i updated(finally) this problem appeared.

first it starts but after some seconds it stops working an gives the error

"BitDefender Services are not responding. Please restart the computer and if the problem persists check online support."

please help cause

in this time

any virus can enter my computer

• djmach
    edited April 2009
    Options

i got the same problem

after i updated(finally) this problem appeared.

first it starts but after some seconds it stops working an gives the error

"BitDefender Services are not responding. Please restart the computer and if the problem persists check online support."

please help cause

in this time

any virus can enter my computer

post-23052-1239670729_thumb.jpg