Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

You Must See This A Complete Research About All Bugs

Options
HI ever one

I have used Bitdefender products since 2008 . every thing was OK before BD total security came.

you have entered new wonderful things

But new Bugs have been created

Here are they

the topic is splitted into 3 parts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FIRST~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1- Strict Automatic rules BUG

creates strict rules using the firewall alert window. With this option selected, BitDefender will prompt you for action and create rules for each different process that opens the application requesting network or Internet access.

what happens here that when I recived an Alerting Window

like this one
218276.jpeg

IF i press Allow

BitDefender well automatically add My choice to Rule List Even If (Strict Automatic rules) is disabled
218277.jpeg

The Strict Automatic rules is Disabled and there is a rule have been created

in previous versions of BD there was an options in the Alert window

Like this one (Remember My answer)
antispyware_******_alert.png

Or some times like this one (Always apply thi s action for this program).
antispyware_registry_alert.png

this action is not available in 2009 products

2- Privacy Control Bug
In Registry Control ,Some white listed application Like MSN Messenger modify a registry values for example in this common path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

To Run Its self with computer Start up

in BD total Security 2009 the white listed application can add keys without My permission

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??

just like this one MSN added a value without any notification.
218279.jpeg

3-Missed SyStem Scan

suddenly all system scat type have been missed :wacko:

218289.jpeg

Comments

• Loers
    edited April 2009
    Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SECOND~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4-Misse Bar

218291.jpeg

But in My satuation

218290.jpeg

5-Anti Phishing Filter Bug

the Anti Phishing Filter is not working with many InternetBrowser such as GoogleChrome

and also it cause many problems in FireFox And InternetExplorer8

In FireFox Case the Filter keeps turning off and on

218293.jpeg218294.jpeg

And In InternetExplorer8

the InternetExplorer keeps stopping like this

218295.jpeg

We are not sure yet that Bitdefender who caused that In IE 8 Case

6-Why Dont You Increase registry control zone

Registry Control Just watch the (Run Items) why dont you increase it ,I mean make it able to watch all these section below (Load Items) ,(INI Items) etc....

218296.jpeg

• Loers
    edited April 2009
    Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THIRD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7-Did BD 2009 pass the ICSA Certified Firewall and Spyware not Antivirus

I visited this website

http://internet-security-suite-review.toptenreviews.com/

it says that BD did not pass the ICSA Certified

8- There is many Malwares have not been detecte by BD yet

I have hundreds in my computer

see these

214065.jpeg

214067.jpeg

214060.jpeg

وهذه صور لملفات التنزيل الرئيسية

214061.jpeg

214058.jpeg

214066.jpeg

214069.jpeg

214059.jpeg

9-The BitDefender 2009 Design is realy sick

I put this point for girls they care alot about it

not like us

I be Upset when I just see It .

2008 Desigh was really better why dont let the user able to change skins

OK NOW I AM SOOOOOO TIRED AND WAITING FOR REPLY FOR THESE BUGS

thanx

• Davo
    Options

Lol if you have so many UNDETECTED samples, why don't you sent them directly to Catalin or to support [at] bitdefender.com ?

i have also alot of new Undetected samples but sometimes when i have time i sent them, now i have not hundred or thousand but i have one hundred thousands of new Variant samples that Bitdefender2009 misse's all but unfortunely some AV's i don't want to name them some of them are almost detecting over 95% all of them.

Bitdefender Lab must work much harder then they did to avoid Undetected samples but i can NOT subimit all these samples (sorry)

• This is my 1st BitDefender purchase, and I'm also getting frustrated trying to use it. It seems to have lots of capabilities, but it is unclear how to properly set them up. Right now I'm having trouble downloading an email attachment. It just acts like it is downloading, but never progresses and never creates an alert about this obvious problem.

I tried to get a "chat" going for support, but it just sat there too. I really think I need to take this back to Fry's and get something else. Is there an alternative that will get me at least as good a result as my McAfee (which didn't give me much trouble, but I always feared it didn't offer protection as good as BitDefender or Norton)?

• danton
    Options

Hi Loers,

Regarding all those undetected supposed malware on your computer. Only from the screenshots you've attached, I can see those files are patches and cracks and this kind of files are always heuristically detected by a few AV's, even if they are clean. However, sometimes they are bundled with malware, but in this case I doubt it. So, if you really want to, send them for analysis.

Regarding the other bugs, contact the support.

PS: You also know that using cracked software is illegal, no?

• Hi Loers

Thanks for the very detailed report. I have been doing the same thing for another thread, and got no reply from support for DAYS. I would recommend continuing to hammer customer support, along with others who have had the same problem as I have.

I also see some of the same issues you have reported, but I had to focus on the larger one - nightly expirations of our licenses.

Good luck with your work - it is always nice to see someone really digging for debugging information rather than just saying, "Hey, this doesn't work."

Lisa

"Real Life Debugged" Technology Blog

• Loers
    Options
    This is my 1st BitDefender purchase, and I'm also getting frustrated trying to use it. It seems to have lots of capabilities, but it is unclear how to properly set them up. Right now I'm having trouble downloading an email attachment. It just acts like it is downloading, but never progresses and never creates an alert about this obvious problem.

I tried to get a "chat" going for support, but it just sat there too. I really think I need to take this back to Fry's and get something else. Is there an alternative that will get me at least as good a result as my McAfee (which didn't give me much trouble, but I always feared it didn't offer protection as good as BitDefender or Norton)?

I have never said BD Products have a low security lvl or It's slow down your PC

the problems above are just a Bugs in the new product BD totalsecurity 2009

By the way I have the same problem with downloadin E-mail Attachment

BD did not cause that

it is just a problem in Internet Explorer

use another Browser to downlad your attachment files like FireFox

• Loers
    Options
    Hi Loers,

Regarding all those undetected supposed malware on your computer. Only from the screenshots you've attached, I can see those files are patches and cracks and this kind of files are always heuristically detected by a few AV's, even if they are clean. However, sometimes they are bundled with malware, but in this case I doubt it. So, if you really want to, send them for analysis.

Regarding the other bugs, contact the support.

PS: You also know that using cracked software is illegal, no?

I think UNDETECTEd malware is not the pnly point I talkd about

I talked about 8 other issues

I have alot of crack and batch on my PC i dont use it

not because this thing is illegeal but because these Programmes damage my PC

I only try to make analysis about these programmes by trying them on virtual PCs

to study the effects on the system

thanks.