Very Frustrating Bd 2008 Av Problem

Here's the story. Had been running BD AV 2008 fine for a year and had been keeping it updated pretty regularly. No problems. My annual license expired and it was time to renew. Upon renewing the only thing I could renew to was BD AV 2009. Downloaded and tried to install, but since the machine is running W2K vs 2009 cannot be installed. So I had to use their uninstall tool to uninstall 2009, then get them to generate a new license key so I could go back to vs 2008. Reinstalled vs 2008 and updated, but now have all kinds of technical problems.

1. Certain programs will not launch. Some generate "file in use" type messages and will not launch. Others generate "application generated an error that could not be handled" type messages. None of this went on before reinstalling vs 2008.

I called BD and their solution is to disable BD when using these programs and they would look into it further. The subject programs will, in fact, launch and run normally with BD disabled. However, BD isn't doing a d@mn thing to address the issue properly and will not even respond to emails regarding the ticket#.

2. The other thing I've found is that I cannot even install new applications because the same kinds of things occur. I have to again disable BD to install new applications.

Having to disable BD to run programs is BS. What's the point of even having it? I never had to do that before.

Anyone ever had something like this happen, or have any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• hnyaji
    edited April 2009

Hi

probably the version of BD 2008 you used then and now are different. Try to get the older version from BD.

The version is based on the number of digital signatures, scan engine version and some bug fixes. Right click on the BD EXE file and see under Digital Signatures. There you would see the BD version date.

Hemanth