Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disappointing Bitdefender

I got bitdefender few weeks ago because i heard it was good but now I am very disappointed that i gave 80 dollars for this software. When it works it does do a good job but it has lots of bugs and everyone seems to be having this same problem. Red icon turns gray and when you click on it it says that services are not responding. Rebooting doesn't work, re-installing the software works for few days and when you ask technical support about this, you can tell they have no idea what is going on. I did ran the tools for technical support and sent them the reports and all but still no replies, they say they are going to work on it in their lab which doesn't make sense because why would you sell a buggy software, it would only defame your name. -_- Anyways I tried to fix this problem by following all the necessary steps and i came to the conclusion of refunding my money which worked the best, I got a better software which is cheaper and don't have any bugs. :rolleyes:

Comments

• I got bitdefender few weeks ago because i heard it was good but now I am very disappointed that i gave 80 dollars for this software. When it works it does do a good job but it has lots of bugs and everyone seems to be having this same problem. Red icon turns gray and when you click on it it says that services are not responding. Rebooting doesn't work, re-installing the software works for few days and when you ask technical support about this, you can tell they have no idea what is going on. I did ran the tools for technical support and sent them the reports and all but still no replies, they say they are going to work on it in their lab which doesn't make sense because why would you sell a buggy software, it would only defame your name. -_- Anyways I tried to fix this problem by following all the necessary steps and i came to the conclusion of refunding my money which worked the best, I got a better software which is cheaper and don't have any bugs. :rolleyes:

I know your problem . Got the same one . and no usefull response from tech support . . what anti virus did you go to .

• BitDefender is useless at eradicating viruses - many people in this forum have many problems left unanswered/unresponded to by their so-called "Customer Support" team; once you request a refund they block you out of chat and remove your posts from their forum.

Find a better quality AV and avoid BD like the plague it is...

• BitDefender is useless at eradicating viruses - many people in this forum have many problems left unanswered/unresponded to by their so-called "Customer Support" team; once you request a refund they block you out of chat and remove your posts from their forum.

It has always been like this for years as i remember, they block out you from the chat and remove your post and avoid to reply to your e-mail.

• At last - someone with the same problem as me... I have the same "Services are not responding problem" and have done the same reinstall with the same result.

Did yours crash out while in Game Mode? Both times mine has gone "off" while in game mode. Not sure whether Amazon will give me a refund, so I am going to pursue the customer support route for now and see how long it takes them after Easter weekend to get back to me.

Cheers

Al

• hnyaji
    edited April 2009

Hi

BD released a new version of BIS 2009 on 3rd of this month, probably they have released new versions of BTS as well.

try this out.

Hemanth

• Wishmaker
    edited April 2009

My Internet Security 09 is greyed out all the time now. If yesterday, 7/10 start-ups yielded a grey bitdefender icon, now I have it all the time. The eternal vsserv.exe problem. I am using Vista x64 Ultimate and running the proper version. I am waiting for support to get back to me but seeing other similar issues here on the board, makes me want to format now and look for another solution.

I HEREBY WISH TO UNEQUIVOCALLY RETRACT THIS EARLIER STATEMENT!!!

This forum is moderated by (among others) a very nice, helpful gentleman named Cris (who, BTW, does NOT work for BD - he gives his time to them for free, another admirable quality this young man possesses in addition to his extensive computer skills).

He has been kind enough to provide me with a wealth of valuable information regarding the characteristics of the viral infection I had been suffering from (a "Virus 101" class, if you will...), which has enabled me to succeed in totally eradicating it from my system.

BD's tech support team are often busier with more important issues and are understandably unable to respond to all posts, but if you view the threads where there are a lot of posts, you'll find many of the most helpful forum support comes from Cris.

If you have a problem...

A.) Start a thread (be descriptive as possible in the subject) with as much info as you can provide in the message;

B.) Be sure to be nice :) - I was almost banned from this forum originally because my frustration had led me to "flame" in various threads, repeating the same angry message which is considered Spam. This raised a red flag, and that's how I came to meet Cris - he was the one who contacted me via PM threatening me with expulsion :o

C.) Tick the "Enable email notification of replies" box at the bottom of this page and post the thread.

D.) Watch your email Inbox.

Cris has single-handedly restored my faith in BitDefender. The only sad thing is they don't put this guy on their payroll - he most assuredly deserves to be! :D

Salmon Dave ;€)