Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"deleted Member" Sent Me Message

Options
2»

Comments

• csalgau
    Options

As far as I know, the current plan is to require users to pass a recaptcha test on every PM. While this might be somewhat annoying, the current problem was probabily related to someone who fed a manually activated account to a spam bot that listed all users in the forum and pushed spam out.

If a colleague in support wants to post their take on the situation, I encourage it.

offtopic - I'm not in support, but for what it's worth Cris has my backing on all matters.

• As I said, please calm down. Your aggressive tone will lead us nowhere.

And also most of you are using BitDefender 2009. Why do you need updates and upgrades?

Because everything changes, vulnerabilities are found each day and fixed through patches.

Cris.

well said cris, vulnarabilities are found everyday!!! but what i think might be helpfull is if we can have some sort of warning put on the main board, telling people NOT to open links found in pms unless they trust them, but then the top and tail of it all is, why would anyone want to post a link in a pm in the first place? its for one reason only and that is to spam or send viruses!!! i should have known better than to open it myself. there is one golden rule to stick by and that rule is, if a link of any importance is really neccesary then surely they would post it on the boards not in a pm right? so once again DO NOT open any link in any pms, even if it does appear to come from some name you recognise!!!

• please, please, please!!!

can some members not be so negative against the expert helpers on here,regarding the recent spambot problem. the experts on here are worth their weight in gold, and use their own time and experience and expertise to help ALL of us with b/d issues, they do this of their own accord without any financial or other gains!!! so just think before, you jump on the bandwagon of blame!! i have always come here for help and have been pleasantly treated and have been given the best advice to resolve my bd issues.

keep up the good work guys!!!

• began steele
    edited April 2009
    Options
    please, please, please!!!

can some members not be so negative against the expert helpers on here,regarding the recent spambot problem. the experts on here are worth their weight in gold, and use their own time and experience and expertise to help ALL of us with b/d issues, they do this of their own accord without any financial or other gains!!! so just think before, you jump on the bandwagon of blame!! i have always come here for help and have been pleasantly treated and have been given the best advice to resolve my bd issues.

keep up the good work guys!!!

I quite agree

• kungfu
    Options

Also got these Emails, BDefender has gotten really pathetic..

If you cant even come up with a simple solution that you have to have a minimum of 5 Posts to send (mass) ? Pm ,your disgraceful.

And that this forum isnot Bdefender isnot correct, See lately many BDefender employees ?

• Below (the underlined portion) is a copy of a message I recieved yesterday morning. No damage done due to the suspicious nature of the email. It made it past my ISP's security due to coming from BitDefender Forum.

davem,

angelikzusa has sent you a new personal message titled "Just For Fun".

You can read this personal message by following the link below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...&MSID=38920

Regards,

The BitDefender Forum team.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited April 2009
    Options