Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Uninstall

Options

i am trying to uninstall BD 2009 on 64b vista os...have used the uninstall tool to no avail. says windows/installer/bdis.msi error when trying to uninstall through windows...says uninstall is completed when using uninstall tool.

product still on system taking up 116 mb. can anyone help. had trial version worked well-purchased and now all kinds of problems.

any help appreciated.

eta: bd does not show in all programs... but does show in programs to uninstall...

Comments

• Orphan
    Options
    i am trying to uninstall BD 2009 on 64b vista os...have used the uninstall tool to no avail. says windows/installer/bdis.msi error when trying to uninstall through windows...says uninstall is completed when using uninstall tool.

product still on system taking up 116 mb. can anyone help. had trial version worked well-purchased and now all kinds of problems.

any help appreciated.

eta: bd does not show in all programs... but does show in programs to uninstall...

batgirl,

I had this probem in the early days of v.11. See if this helps at all... Boot into Safe Mode and try to use the special 64-bit BitDefender uninstaller. If it does manage to run in Safe Mode, reboot, then reboot again into Safe Mode and run the special tool again and then reboot into Normal Mode. BD SHOULD be gone. No guarantees!

If this doesn't work for you, you're pretty much done until Monday when the BitDefender support team come back to work. They don't do anything on the weekends.

Good Luck!

Cheers

Orphan

• Hey Orphan,

Thanks so much, unfortunately it didn't work for me...ugh!!! But thanks for giving me something to start with...I will keep working on it through the weekend, hopefully someone will get back with me soon...

Thanks again!!!

Batgirl

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi girl,

run the installer with the same programme, not the uninstaller!

This should again ask you to remove the previously installed BD. I have no idea why!

Hemanth

• @batgirl

Please tell me what uninstaller did you run? Was it the one that comes with the product or the one you can download from here?

Try running the last one in Safe Mode with Networking and see if BitDefender is uninstalled like this.