Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antispam For Yahoo

Options

Does BitDefender provide antispam support for Yahoo,which is my e-mail service? Or is the situation similar to gmail?

I have tried to set antispam on settings, as follows:

From the Windows toolbar -> BitDefender-> Basic Settings -> Online Security -> "Real-Time Antivirus,Antispam & Antiphishing Mail protection". I click on "Disabled" which changes to "Enabled" but then back to "Disabled" whenever I close and open this window.

From the Windows toolbar -> BitDefender-> Show -> Advanced View -> Antispam. This shows "Antispam is enabled" BUT the statistics at the bottom of that window are always zero - "Received e-mails etc.

From the Windows toolbar -> BitDefender-> Show -> Advanced View -> History -> Antispam. Most recent entry, February, is "Antispam Disabled"

From the Windows toolbar -> BitDefender-> Show -> Basic View -> Security Protected" (tab) -> Online Security. Shows Antispam is enabled"

So what is the story, exactly? I am confused

Comments

• Do you use yahoo's webmail interface or did you set up your account in an e-mail client? If you set it up in an e-mail client please tell me which ports do you use for incoming messages?

• Do you use yahoo's webmail interface or did you set up your account in an e-mail client? If you set it up in an e-mail client please tell me which ports do you use for incoming messages?

I use the yahoo webmail interface - so I assume BD cannot get to it?

But I also don't get all the contradictory messages about antispam in the various settings.

• The BitDefender Antispam engines scan only ports 25 and 110 - we do not offer Antispam protection for Yahoo webmail because the e-mails are hosted on the provider's server, but you have an antispam filter embedded in the webmail interface and you can use that to configure antispam settings for your account.

• The BitDefender Antispam engines scan only ports 25 and 110 - we do not offer Antispam protection for Yahoo webmail because the e-mails are hosted on the provider's server, but you have an antispam filter embedded in the webmail interface and you can use that to configure antispam settings for your account.

Thanks. Can you also provide about information about the second part of my question - the contradictory data in the BitDefender screens and settings?

• Unknown
    Options

Hello ronchicago,

Would it be possible for you to upload some screenshots detailing the contradictory information that you have found in BitDefender concerning Antispam? We just want to make sure that we correctly understand the issue before posting a reply.

Thank you!

• Hello ronchicago,

Would it be possible for you to upload some screenshots detailing the contradictory information that you have found in BitDefender concerning Antispam? We just want to make sure that we correctly understand the issue before posting a reply.

Thank you!

OK, here it is

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5124" data-fileid="5124" rel="">AntiSpam.doc

• Unknown
    Options

Hello ronchicago,

First of all we wish to thank you for the screenshots you have provided us with. The Antispam module in your BitDefender is indeed enabled, the notification that you get in Basic View is unfortunately a display bug in the product and it does not affect the functionality of those components which are still active.

Thank you for reporting it to us!