Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2009 Is Network Management Not Working

Options

Having installed BitDefender 2009 Internet Security on 3 PC's at home (2 x WinXP 32 bit with SP3, 1 x Windows 7 build 7100 64 bit), I'm unable to get all the PC's to see each other in the BitDefender Network page.

Using the same Home Network password on all 3 PC's I find that:

Neither WinXP PC can see the other.

All PC's can see the Win7 PC.

When I join the Win7 PC and one of the XP PC's, each thinks the other is "Offline".

When two PC's are joined, the third won't cannot add another PC to it... it reports that the other PC's are part of a different Home Network.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• john305
    Options

Well for win 7 to use home group correctly it needs a gateway and dns put on the eithernet card . I would remove anything u did in bitdefender assign a ip to each system with the dns and gateway and allow thise ip's in bitdefender and thats it. With out dns and gateway Win 7 will indentify it as a unknown network and set its access to public.

• andreidumi
    edited May 2009
    Options

naughtygaz,

BD2009 does not work with Windows7. Although BD will install successfully, its services won't work properly. If you check out the box, or the Help file, you'll see that Win7 is not on our supported Operating Systems list.

The next version of BitDefender will support win7. Check out the BD2010 Beta thread :)