Problems Uninstalling Bd Total Security 2009 For Installing 2010 Version

Hello guys of Bitdefender staff! :)

I'm using Bitdefender 2010 B1 on my main machine and it works like a charm! I decided to install BD 2010 even in my laptop that uses Windows xp. The problem is that on the laptop it was installed 2009 TS version of BitDefender. First i tried to uninstall it from "remove application" window but it gived me an error, so i tried the uninstaller. The uninstaller removed only partially BD 2009 installation. I installed 2010 version over the 2009 and it seems to work but many entries of 2009 version are still here. Indeed in "remove application" window i have "Bitdefender Total Security 2009" string again. If i try to uninstall clicking "remove it" it gives me the following error: Code error 2753.

What should i do?

Thank you!

Comments

• Hello guys of Bitdefender staff! :)

I'm using Bitdefender 2010 B1 on my main machine and it works like a charm! I decided to install BD 2010 even in my laptop that uses Windows xp. The problem is that on the laptop it was installed 2009 TS version of BitDefender. First i tried to uninstall it from "remove application" window but it gived me an error, so i tried the uninstaller. The uninstaller removed only partially BD 2009 installation. I installed 2010 version over the 2009 and it seems to work but many entries of 2009 version are still here. Indeed in "remove application" window i have "Bitdefender Total Security 2009" string again. If i try to uninstall clicking "remove it" it gives me the following error: Code error 2753.

What should i do?

Thank you!

Problem solved! :)

Just used 2009 version of uninstaller tool instead of 2010 one and it worked.

Bitdefender guys should tweak 2010 uninstaller because even if it's wrote it will work for previous versions it doesn't work very well with 2009 ts.

• fungus
    edited May 2009

Venturer posted...

"... I decided to install BD 2010 ..."

You are a brave person to install V-2010 of a software that still has many issues with V-2009. Maybe that is where your name comes from. :-)

Fungus

• Venturer posted...

"... I decided to install BD 2010 ..."

You are a brave person to install V-2010 of a software that still has many issues with V-2009. Maybe that is where your name comes from. :-)

Let us know the good and the bad please.

I'm taking a different route, I'm switching to a different brand of AV software.

Fungus

Lol....i'm not brave; i simply like risks! :P

Jokes apart, my opinion is that BD 2009 is a good suite that has some problems with GUI. But do you know the main engine is the same for all Bitdefender versions? So if you have used BD 2008, 2009, or the newer 2010 you have the same "detection rate". After all detection rate is very good compared to other antivirus brand. Think about this: GDATA is a multiengine antivirus that in previous version than 2009 one was using kaspersky engine plus another engine. In 2009 version of their suite they are using BitDefender engine plus avira. And G DATA is one of the top detecting malwares.

Suites are another thing: I think the main module BitDefender guys must improve is the firewall, but the AV, i repeat, is very good.

So if you have problem with the GUI of Bitdefender, nevermind; it's important it can block malwares. Don't trust many antivirus reviewers; they are payed for glorify some brands than others.

As for BitDefender 2010 it seems to work well both on XP and Vista 32/64 (tried on all 3 os). From yestarday i have a problem that security center can't detect the antivirus, but it s a minor issue. I can tell you more in the next days

Bye! :)

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭

Dear user,

Please note that the BitDefender 2010 suite is currently in beta and still under heavy development(same applies for the removal tool). Limited internal testing has been conducted as part of the beta release and I believe users are properly warned of the dangers of using pre-release software.

The 2009 branch is considered pretty much finalized. Only important bugs are on track to be fixed.

• Hi Venturer

if you reinstall BD, your security centre should detect it again.

Hemanth

• Hi Venturer

if you reinstall BD, your security centre should detect it again.

Hemanth

Is there a way for fix this issue without reinstalling BD 2010? Perhaps through BD updates! Uninstalling....rebooting....reinstalling......rebooting again.......scanning system again.....it s so boring! :(