Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Gen:trojan.heur.hy.0000ffffff

Options

I have seen a couple of these from last night's scan. One is in a Turbo Tax executable, TTXCTBTI.EXE

Some were quarantined and on some, the move failed. Are these real? See attachment for the various forms and actions I took

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5161" data-fileid="5161" rel="">BlockMay15_2009.doc

Comments

• sreed
    Options

I see the same thing. It's a valid TurboTax 2007 file. Looks like there's an overzealous heuristic . Let's hope they fix it soon.

• I see the same thing. It's a valid TurboTax 2007 file. Looks like there's an overzealous heuristic . Let's hope they fix it soon.

I hope it is just overzealous. It found a similar one in my 2003 TurboTax file as well - ttxctbti.exe

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    Options

We are working on this and should have it fixed in an update or two.

• So is it a false positive that I need not worry about?

• danton
    Options

Yes, it's a FP on a new heuristic detection.

• danton
    Options

Detection is fixed now. Wait for next update and files should not be detected anymore.

• dprizer
    Options

Hello. I just Googled the same trojan.heur warning and found this post. I'm having the same problem in BitDefender AntiVirus 2008, but didn't see an open topic there, so .... do you know if they fixed it in BDAV 2008 as well?

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi David P

fixing is not done for a particular version of BD but for BD as a suite.

Hemanth

• sreed
    Options

No sign of that false positive this morning. Thank you for the quick action.

• dprizer
    Options

Thanks ..... looking forward to tonight's scan.