Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Updates Stay The Same

Options

Hello, I recently wiped BitDefender off my computer and now after hours of trying to get it to work, I managed it.

But when I try to use the automatic update, It downloads the package but doesn't install it. Since my internet is very slow, I took me 5 hours to update but it didn't change the 'Last update' date (1/9/2009) to the date of today (5/23/2009). The virus signature is still at 1611748 and I remember it was over 3000000 before I wiped it due to it screwing up.

I used the update_unavailable_patch.exe to get it fixed when the updates where grayed-out before this.

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

Comments

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi

what version did you have before and what version are you trying to install now?

• I am using BitDefender Internet Security 2009 version 12.0.10

• hnyaji
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi

try out a repair of the installation. This could be done through BitDefender entry in start menu.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello jimmythehedgehog,

The built that you have for BitDefender is quite an old one (the current one is 12.0.12.1) so the best solution in your case is to make sure that you do not have any other similar security solutions installed, then follow this link to uninstall your current BitDefender, then reinstall it using a kit that has the latest built.

Thanks!

• Diana Bele's solution worked.

Thank you Diana Bele and hemanth.

I am very grateful.