Slow Pc And Scans Don't Indicate A Problem

I first sent an email to technical support 3 days back with the attached file for their analysis as I had a very slow PC on Windows Vista but the scans indicated no problems.

I then used live assistance and they upgraded me to Total Security (trial version) as I had 28 days left on Total Security 2008. He then indicated that he would send some scanning files that I am still waiting on.

With Total Security 2009 I find the PC is even less responsive and not just in web browsing.

Yesterday, I again contacted live assistance and they advised they would send those scan files.

I am still waiting.

Comments

• hnyaji
    edited May 2009

Hi

please let me know your system configuration (hardware on it). Try out CCleaner to clean all your temp files. Do a defragmentation. Select 'scan only changed files' for BD realtime scanning.

• Hello holymoly,

In order to determine the cause of this issue we have set you some new diagnostic tools by e-mail on this Ticket ID 200905191001024 - please reply to that message when you have the time.

Concerning the lack of response from the support department, there was an e-mail sent to your Inbox on Ticket ID 200905201008613 on the 20th of May, but it seems that you haven't replied to it and we cannot continue the troubleshooting process without the information requested there. Please be so kind as to tell us if you received any e-mails under Ticket ID 200905201008613.

Thank you!

• Hello holymoly,

In order to determine the cause of this issue we have set you some new diagnostic tools by e-mail on this Ticket ID 200905191001024 - please reply to that message when you have the time.

Concerning the lack of response from the support department, there was an e-mail sent to your Inbox on Ticket ID 200905201008613 on the 20th of May, but it seems that you haven't replied to it and we cannot continue the troubleshooting process without the information requested there. Please be so kind as to tell us if you received any e-mails under Ticket ID 200905201008613.

Thank you!

I sent the email on the 18th and I just received the following response on the 22th, even though I sent the attachment for your lab review:

Very disappointing.

Dear Frank,

In order to better understand the situation you are dealing with we need more

information about your operating system and BitDefender. Thus please be so

kind to take few moments and read the following KB article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB389-en--Asking...assistance.html

This article contains complete instructions on how to use the tools, what the

tools do and how to submit the reports.

NOTE: The information you send us is used for testing purposes only and will

be treated accordingly.

We will try to reproduce the situation in our lab and we'll get back to you

with a possible solution.

Best regards,

Diana Bele

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

• Hello holymoly,

We have sent you that e-mail in order to troubleshoot the slowdown you have encountered on your system, but up to this point we have not received any type of reply from your side on either Ticket ID 200905191001024 or 200905201008613.

Please be so kind as to reply to the e-mail attaching the reports generated by the tools available in that article.

Thank you!

• I sent the information on last week on the 22th and still waiting for a reply.

At this point with scans indicating no problem, I can only assuem it the anti-virus software slowing things down. My renewal is in a couple weeks, so I'm keeping my options open.

I can copy a hijackthis log here if anyone can make sense of it.

The log is very long.