Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Add Files To Safe List

Options

Hi, I am using BitDefender Internet Security 2009. I have Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2, 32 Bit.

Recently, I installed Malwarebytes Anti Malware, But when I go to update the software Definitions, I get the error message:

Update Failure, Error Code 732 (12029). So I contacted Malwarebytes Forum, and the told me that I needed to add some files to BitDefender Safe List?, well, I cannot see anywhere in BitDefender Internet Security 2009, where I can add these files?, I can only add the Malwarebytes.exe, to the firewall whitelist. Can someone please tell me how and where I can add these files to BitDefenders Safe List?

As BitDefender Internet Security 2009, is blocking the Malewarebytes Updates.

Regards

Riptorn.

Comments

• Hi, I am using BitDefender Internet Security 2009. I have Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2, 32 Bit.

Recently, I installed Malwarebytes Anti Malware, But when I go to update the software Definitions, I get the error message:

Update Failure, Error Code 732 (12029). So I contacted Malwarebytes Forum, and the told me that I needed to add some files to BitDefender Safe List?, well, I cannot see anywhere in BitDefender Internet Security 2009, where I can add these files?, I can only add the Malwarebytes.exe, to the firewall whitelist. Can someone please tell me how and where I can add these files to BitDefenders Safe List?

As BitDefender Internet Security 2009, is blocking the Malewarebytes Updates.

Regards

Riptorn.

Switch to advanced view. Select Antivirus from the menu on the left and click exclusions. Click + to add the file you want to be excluded.

• riptorn
    Options
    Switch to advanced view. Select Antivirus from the menu on the left and click exclusions. Click + to add the file you want to be excluded.

Thanks Aarrestad, but isn't that just excluding the files from the scanner??. I want to add the files to the safe list, so as BitDefender can allow Malwarebytes to connect to the internet to download it's definition files, at the moment it is not allowing me to? :(

• Thanks Aarrestad, but isn't that just excluding the files from the scanner??. I want to add the files to the safe list, so as BitDefender can allow Malwarebytes to connect to the internet to download it's definition files, at the moment it is not allowing me to? :(

The first post was a description on how to exclude Malwarebytes files from the antivirus realtime and on demand scan.

To let those files connect to the internet, do the following: advanced view ---> firewall ---> rules ---> then press + to add files.

If the files are already in the rules list double click (expand) to see if they're set to allowed. If they're set to deny doubleclick and change action to allow.

Hopefully this should solve your problems. :)

• riptorn
    Options
    The first post was a description on how to exclude Malwarebytes files from the antivirus realtime and on demand scan.

To let those files connect to the internet, do the following: advanced view ---> firewall ---> rules ---> then press + to add files.

If the files are already in the rules list double click (expand) to see if they're set to allowed. If they're set to deny doubleclick and change action to allow.

Hopefully this should solve your problems. :)

Thanks Aarrestad,

You can only add .exe files to the firewall rules???. Please see below for the files I need to add:

BEFORE registering and starting the Protection Module, locate the Exclusion List for your Anti-Virus. Probably under an advanced menu in the program.

Add the following folders, sub-folders if you can, at a minimum add the files to the exclusion to be safe.

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

* C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

* C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Where can I add these files????

• Thanks Aarrestad,

You can only add .exe files to the firewall rules???. Please see below for the files I need to add:

BEFORE registering and starting the Protection Module, locate the Exclusion List for your Anti-Virus. Probably under an advanced menu in the program.

Add the following folders, sub-folders if you can, at a minimum add the files to the exclusion to be safe.

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

* C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

* C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Where can I add these files????

First of all, I've got Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware myself and I don't remember that I had to add anything at all to the exclusion list before using the program. BitDefender should be set to accept legitimate connections by default, such as Malwarebytes' A-M. If a file wants to communicate with the internet BD should ask if you would like it to allow that connection

By adding the exe files, all files needed by that exe file will be accepted through the firewall, no need to add sys files.

Just run the program, if it works as it should there's no need to do anything. You only need to add exeptions if the program don't work properly.

And for your information: Malwarebytes may produce a lot of false positives (legitimate files reported as virus)

Whatever you do, don't add folders to the exeption list as virus might hide themself in antivirus folders. If you ever get a virus BD won't find that virus because of that.

• riptorn
    Options
    First of all, I've got Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware myself and I don't remember that I had to add anything at all to the exclusion list before using the program. BitDefender should be set to accept legitimate connections by default, such as Malwarebytes' A-M. If a file wants to communicate with the internet BD should ask if you would like it to allow that connection

By adding the exe files, all files needed by that exe file will be accepted through the firewall, no need to add sys files.

Just run the program, if it works as it should there's no need to do anything. You only need to add exeptions if the program don't work properly.

And for your information: Malwarebytes may produce a lot of false positives (legitimate files reported as virus)

Whatever you do, don't add folders to the exeption list as virus might hide themself in antivirus folders. If you ever get a virus BD won't find that virus because of that.

Well,..... I temporarily disabled BitDefender Internet Security 2009, I ran the Malwarebytes Updates, and it Updated without any worries. So there must be something stopping the updates?? I wonder what it could be?... I have uninstalled Malwarebytes, re-installed it, with the same problem. The Malwarebytes Forum, still say that BitDefender is blocking the updates?? What can I do???

• Aarrestad
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well,..... I temporarily disabled BitDefender Internet Security 2009, I ran the Malwarebytes Updates, and it Updated without any worries. So there must be something stopping the updates?? I wonder what it could be?... I have uninstalled Malwarebytes, re-installed it, with the same problem. The Malwarebytes Forum, still say that BitDefender is blocking the updates?? What can I do???

Just updated Malwarebytes myself, no problems encountered.

Try resetting the firewall rules: advanced view --> firewall --> rules - reset rules. Then try updating Malwarebytes. If you get an error message try updating it again a couple of times.

Also make sure the default action is set to "allow all known programs" (firewall --> settings) and that all advanced settings are checked except: "Enable Internet Connection Sharing and "Strict Automatic Rules"

• riptorn
    Options
    Just updated Malwarebytes myself, no problems encountered.

Try resetting the firewall rules: advanced view --> firewall --> rules - reset rules. Then try updating Malwarebytes. If you get an error message try updating it again a couple of times.

Also make sure the default action is set to "allow all known programs" (firewall --> settings) and that all advanced settings are checked except: "Enable Internet Connection Sharing and "Strict Automatic Rules"

Great!! Thanks so much, that fixed the problem.