Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Backup Monitor Status Never Clears

Options

I had just upgraded from BDTS 2008 to BDTS 2009 on two computers (one XP Pro, the other Vista Business) and did a fresh install of BDTS 2009 on another XP Pro machine. Through my experience with 2008 and now 2009, whenever I used the backup utility (regardless of how I initiated it) the backup monitor never clears. It always says "You have never backed up your data locally." and the status always has the "Fix" button. I would find this monitor useful if it worked properly. I searched Google and your forum for topics relating to this but without success. What can I do about it, if anything?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Brian M,

First off, please tell us how did you run the back-up: through the "Fix" button next to the notification or through the Back-up module in Advanced View?

If you do not wish to receive that notification you can simply uncheck the "Yes" checkbox for Monitor next to the notification.

• speedy5
    Options
    Hello Brian M,

First off, please tell us how did you run the back-up: through the "Fix" button next to the notification or through the Back-up module in Advanced View?

If you do not wish to receive that notification you can simply uncheck the "Yes" checkbox for Monitor next to the notification.

I have run the back-up by clicking the "Fix" button and through the backup module in Advanced View and also through the Tasks section in the basic View. I have tried them all on different machines. I am backing up to a NAS disk, but I have tried backing up to the same computer still without monitor recognition.

I know I can uncheck the "Yes" checkbox for "Monitor", and I have, but that defeats the purpose of having a monitor for it. If one of our users prefers not to use a scheduled backup and run it manually, the monitor should be there to remind him or her to backup data if it's been too long. I'm just wondering if there is or will be a patch for this.