Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.generic.1922355

Options

Bit Defender found this in an old file but one that I had just used recently (AIM)

\All Users\AOL Downloads\SUD4220\AIMinst.exe

Message was "has blocked a virus affecting your computer! ...... could not disinfect, delete or quarantine the following item. Access has been denied"

Is this real?

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited June 2009
    Options

Hello Ron,

Find the file, put it in an archive with the password infected, upload it somewhere and send me the download link by PM. Details about password-protection and where you can upload the archive are in my signature.

You might need to temporarily disable BitDefender to gain access to that file.

Cris.

• Hello Ron,

Find the file, put it in an archive with the password infected, upload it somewhere and send me the download link by PM. Details about password-protection and where you can upload the archive are in my signature.

You might need to temporarily disable BitDefender to gain access to that file.

Cris.

Thanks. But BitDefender is no longer reporting this trojan in that file. Was there an update? But I do have a new Trojan in a different place - see my separate posting about Gen:Trojan.Heur.1074041183

• alexcrist
    Options

Probably it was a false positive and was removed in an update.

Thank you for reporting.

Cris.

== CLOSED (issue solved) ==

This discussion has been closed.