Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"failed To Launch Bitdefender Scanner"

Options

Hi,

I only just recently realized that I can no longer manually scan anything with Bitdefender.

If I select any file and right-click and select "scan with Bitdefender" an alert appears which says "Failed to launch Bitdefender scanner".

The virus shield is still running (i.e. it still says it is scanning files as they are accessed) and it seems to check for updates fine (although it says there are no updates at the moment).

Is there an easy fix for this?

I hope it's not from a virus...

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hi there,

This issue does not have a general cause and we will need to collect a few data from your PC that will help us find the fix. Therefore, I have sent you an email with a few steps to create the logs we need. Please reply to my email when you have the chance.

Thanks,

Florin

• I fixed it by uninstalling + reinstalling.

however it is quite poor that the program somehow loses its own files =/

never had a problem with past versions (pre 2009 version).

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hi there,

Hopefully this will be the last of them :D.

Thanks,

Florin

• Zro
    Zro
    edited April 2009
    Options

I have the same problem as described above. Is there a work-around other than uninstalling/reinstalling?

EDIT: Saw the KB article and got everything working. Thanks!

• I have the same problem as described above. Is there a work-around other than uninstalling/reinstalling?

EDIT: Saw the KB article and got everything working. Thanks!

im having the same issue except when i try to run any scan it tells me it failed to launch in time press ok to close. what is the kb article or a solution to this ? Thanks !

• Unknown
    Options

Hello cathiejade,

Please try the steps listed in this KB article in order to resolve the scan issue that you have encountered:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#547

• Hello,

I have the same problem - I tried the patch, but seemes like also the patch failed to install correctly.. so I coulnt solve the problem.

Like mentioned in this forum, the older version dont have any problems - so I ended up in installing bitdefender v. 10 - it works GREAT.

- But I cant say that abut the 2009 -version.

My v 10 will expire in nov. I will have to find out what to buy then... !

Any help? :wacko:

Frank

• Unknown
    Options

Hello frankneitzel,

Could you tell me please what exactly happens when you try to run the patches listed in that KB article?

Thank you!

• I have the same problem on my Vista x64.

Installing the patch didn't work. Seems to be installing correctly but still doesn't work. When I reinstall the product completely it works once or twice and then it stops working again...

Support is not responding to my emails anymore. I think it is time to look for another security product...

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    I have the same problem on my Vista x64.

Installing the patch didn't work. Seems to be installing correctly but still doesn't work. When I reinstall the product completely it works once or twice and then it stops working again...

Support is not responding to my emails anymore. I think it is time to look for another security product...

Hello BDuser ,

Unfortuantely I could not find any emails sent from your address in our database. I have created you support ticket and sent you some instructions by email. Please reply when you have time .

Thank you .

• Hello BDuser ,

Unfortunately I could not find any emails sent from your address in our database. I have created you support ticket and sent you some instructions by email. Please reply when you have time .

Thank you .

It is probably because I used a different email. My original ticket number is [Ticket ID:200905151002294]. Sometime ago I replied to it that it is not working again but nobody got back to me. Then I created a new ticket [Ticket ID:200906161010409] and still no response.

I replied to the new ticket you created now for me.

Thanks

Igor