Outlook Extremely Slow, Time-outs

Hi,

I uninstalled BD total security 2008 last year because it was soo terribly slow. But after a virus attack, I decided to try it again. Unfortunately with the same results. My PC is not a speedmonster, but I'd say a 2 year old laptop should be able to run BD.

My most urgent problem is:

Send/receive emails in Outlook is soo slow that it times-out after about 15 emails. After each time-out, outlook receives the same emails over and over again. The only way for me was to disable BD everytime I open outlook. I tried to set the 'server time-outs' in outlook, but to no succes. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Regards,

Pjotr

Comments

• Hi Pjotr

I'm not even savvy with this product yet...

but

what happens if you disable the firewall-part of BD08 ?

Raziel

• Hi Raziel,

It seems that disabling the firewall has no real impact. I think it's the scanning of the emails that takes sooo long, that it times out.

I really regret choosing bitdefender as my virus scanner. On their site they claim that it is extremely fast, but as far as I can see its amazingly slow. I have to disable internet BD internet plugin (gmail gets very slow with this plugin), disable mail scanning, and even the program itself is slow. Don't think I will extend my licence after the expire date.

Regards,

Pjotr

Hi Pjotr

I'm not even savvy with this product yet...

but

what happens if you disable the firewall-part of BD08 ?

Raziel

• Hello Pjotr,

We have contacted you through the email . Please respond with the requested files that we need to analyze .

Thank you .

• It is already on Yes. I checked on another computer and it is the same slow response. I would say it might be my service provider, but all of the rest of the sites I am on snap up even faster with this FireFox. It is just this site I am having REal slow response moving from page to page.