Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender Unusually High Cpu Usage On Quad Core

Options

Hi

im running total security 2009 on Vista x64, with a q6600 processor.

Today i have noticed that a random core is running at 100% usage constantly. this happens about a minute after boot with just some light web browsing. I have checked the processes under task manager and vsserv.exe is using 25% cpu constantly even the when computer is idle this usage doesnt change and the core rmains at 100%. This has just happened today, i have uninstalled using the removal tool and reinstalled but the same happens again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Can i also add that if I run a scan once this has happened the cpu usage rises to about 60% and even if the scan is cancelled/finishes the cpu usage stays at 60% even if the computer is idle.

• Please tell me what other security solutions do you have installed on the system besides BitDefender.

• Please tell me what other security solutions do you have installed on the system besides BitDefender.

I have ad-aware and spybot installed but nether of these prgrams run in the background they are just used for manual scans. Neither of them have the backround scans/tasks running. i have used Bitdefender for the past 6 months in conjunction with these two, but the issues has just arrisen over the past day.

• Actually Spybot has this type of process and it is called teatimer.exe - please uninstall Spybot from the system and then run a Repair for BitDefender. Then test if this issue reoccurs.

• Actually Spybot has this type of process and it is called teatimer.exe - please uninstall Spybot from the system and then run a Repair for BitDefender. Then test if this issue reoccurs.

Tea timer is not running, but i have uninstalled spybot and i still have the same problem, also once this problem occurs my internet slows to a crawl. Also if i uninstall Bitdefender this problem goes away but as soon as i reinstall it the problem re-occurs

• This issue will need further troubleshooting - I sent you an e-mail requesting some information from your system, please have a look at it when you have the time.

• Hi! I know this is an old topic but it seems that I have the same problem although I am using a 32 bit. My PC keeps crashing several times nearly everyday and the task manager shows a huge amount of error/faults on vsserv.exe and is actually using a huge amount of CPU processess. just about 30 minutes ago i disabled the auto updater in BD and my PC is still running whereas by now it should have crashed already. I have read a lot of articles and there was actually one that says disable the auto-update on BD. But my problem is I need to manually update BD aside from the issue that there is still no assurance of what i did will work. If there are any advice I can have, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    Hi! I know this is an old topic but it seems that I have the same problem although I am using a 32 bit. My PC keeps crashing several times nearly everyday and the task manager shows a huge amount of error/faults on vsserv.exe and is actually using a huge amount of CPU processess. just about 30 minutes ago i disabled the auto updater in BD and my PC is still running whereas by now it should have crashed already. I have read a lot of articles and there was actually one that says disable the auto-update on BD. But my problem is I need to manually update BD aside from the issue that there is still no assurance of what i did will work. If there are any advice I can have, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello ,

A support ticket ID - 200906211004683 was created for you . Follow the instructions carefully and reply to our email with the files that we need.

• Hello ,

A support ticket ID - 200906211004683 was created for you . Follow the instructions carefully and reply to our email with the files that we need.

Heres the two files...Theres no error message appearing on the desktop but whe i usually check it in task manager it shows hard disk faults with vsserv.exe.

Thanks

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5273" data-fileid="5273" rel="">BDFileInfo.log

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5274" data-fileid="5274" rel="">sysdump.txt

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    Heres the two files...Theres no error message appearing on the desktop but whe i usually check it in task manager it shows hard disk faults with vsserv.exe.

Thanks

Hello ryanrey ,

Unfortunately the files that you have posted are not complete . I have sent you another email with a different diagnose tool . Please reply to my email with the report attached.

• Hi Alex,

I replied to the email with topc reply number.

Thanks

Ryan Rey

• cmr
    cmr ✭✭
    Options

first i have to say i am extremely disappointed with your tech support. one of the worst i have come across. i have sent them numerous emails [Ticket ID:200907011001721] and requested files with no response to date. very poor!!!!!

this is my last hope and i need an answer to my problem, whic is: similar to the above to individuals, at random times, 5 minutes after i turn my computer on, 2 hours after, 6 hours after and so on, my core 1 (i have a quad core cpu and running vista ultimate x64 on a dell raid controller) cpu usage jumps to 100% and my network connection breaks and indicates 'limited connectivity' and i obviously loose the internet and the computer slows down significantly. in task manager, there is no apparent service which uses the cpu other than idle, even with all users, so i don't know what service is using the cpu. i know the problem is with bit defender because when i uninstalled it for a week, risking the security of my computer, there were no such issues. as soon as i reinstalled bitdefender total security the problem came back. this is my last appeal to bitdefender tech support. finally can i get some answers!!!!!

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

cmr ,please create your own thread ,in this way you will receive full atention on your problem from the support.

Are you using a router ?

• cmr
    cmr ✭✭
    Options
    cmr ,please create your own thread ,in this way you will receive full atention on your problem from the support.

Are you using a router ?

yes i am using a adsl+2 modem/router.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

If that router has a (SPI) firewall in it and its active/enabled you can try an workaround.

Simply disable the BD firewall and see what happens.For even more security reenable the Vista included firewall.

If disableing BD firewall has positive effects then maybe something is not well configured in it.

Also make sure you use latest firmware for your router and that it is properly configured.

• cmr
    cmr ✭✭
    Options
    If that router has a (SPI) firewall in it and its active/enabled you can try an workaround.

Simply disable the BD firewall and see what happens.For even more security reenable the Vista included firewall.

If disableing BD firewall has positive effects then maybe something is not well configured in it.

Also make sure you use latest firmware for your router and that it is properly configured.

yep it does have a spi firewall. but i have used this modem/router with many other antivirus/firewall software and have never had any issue and i have re-installed bitdefender several times. when uninstalled (bitdefender total security) this problem does not arise hence, i am certain that it is one of the bit defender components, perhaps the firewall. the configuration problem is with bitdefender and finding it on my own is a waste of time, plus i purchased total security not just the antivirus and i expect it all to work. tech support have been unresponsive!

• cmr
    cmr ✭✭
    Options
    yep it does have a spi firewall. but i have used this modem/router with many other antivirus/firewall software and have never had any issue and i have re-installed bitdefender several times. when uninstalled (bitdefender total security) this problem does not arise hence, i am certain that it is one of the bit defender components, perhaps the firewall. the configuration problem is with bitdefender and finding it on my own is a waste of time, plus i purchased total security not just the antivirus and i expect it all to work. tech support have been unresponsive!

may ia add, i use bitdefender in an xp machine that uses the same modem/router and no such problems!

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited July 2009
    Options

I understand you.

Like i said make sure your router firmware is up to date (for full Vista compatibility) and that the network card has latest drivers installed.Sometimes BD firewall driver/NDIS filter may not get along with the network card drivers.

Wait till Monday when someone from support team will answer you.I just suggested you a workaround so you can use your computer.

If you re having good surfing habits the router SPI firewall and the Vista firewall will povide good security(protecting the inbound from the bad guys) untill you get your problem fixed.