Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hibernate On Vista Ult. With Bdis 2010 Fails

Hi everyone,

I've been using Bitdefender IS for 3 years now. With BDIS 2009 and my Vista Ultimate I experienced no problems. I've upgraded my 2009 first and in a second try made a fresh and clean installation. But as soon as BDIS 2010 is installed, the hibernate-mode fails. The screen goes black as usual and the memory is saved to disk. This takes about 5-6 minutes... than every activity stops, but the notebook remains powered on. Only a hard power-off helps. On reboot Vista notifies me of an unclean shutdown and the system is booted normally (not from hibernate).

I've reproduced this matter on two notebooks, both with Vista Ultimate, one with SP2, the other one with SP1. I've found no way to get hibernate back working without removing BDIS 2010.

I hope, I'll get some help here as I see no other solution than going back to BDIS 2009...

Thanks a lot for help!

Comments

• patx,

The issue is known and the fix will be delivered via update on Tuesday. Thanks for reporting the bug.

• patx,

The issue is known and the fix will be delivered via update on Tuesday. Thanks for reporting the bug.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Indeed I received an update today - but hibernate won't work anyway, same behavior as before. I rebooted the system several times after update, as regquested. My engine-version is 7.27342.

Any solution in sight?

Regards

• Hi, thanks for your reply.

Indeed I received an update today - but hibernate won't work anyway, same behavior as before. I rebooted the system several times after update, as regquested. My engine-version is 7.27342.

Any solution in sight?

Regards

Hi,

The update for the hibernate issue was delayed for a few hours. It is being shipped as we speak and it is going to be available in one or two hours, depending on your location. I would appreciate if you would mention if you problem was fixed or not.

Thank you,

• Siggy
    edited August 2009
    Hi,

The update for the hibernate issue was delayed for a few hours. It is being shipped as we speak and it is going to be available in one or two hours, depending on your location. I would appreciate if you would mention if you problem was fixed or not.

Thank you,

Hi guys, I had the same problem. Works correctly now (I've tried only sleep... I don't use hibernate or hybrid-sleep).

System: W7 B7600 64bit;

BD: Total Security 2010, Engine version 7.27365;

Thanks !!! :-)

• M.Hennicke
    edited September 2009
    Hi guys, I had the same problem. Works correctly now (I've tried only sleep... I don't use hibernate or hybrid-sleep).

System: W7 B7600 64bit;

BD: Total Security 2010, Engine version 7.27365;

Thanks !!! :-)

If you configure hybrid-standyby in energy-policy (control-center) of Windows 7 the hibernate working fine after BD2010 update (Engine-version: 7.27471). Hybrid-standy is a other word for "s4 hibernate" in microsoft dictionary ;)B)

When you have same problem, that yor hibernate is not view in start-menu of win7, make a link on desktop to "shutdown -h".

Best regards

Matthias

• Hi again,

he's right, after the update it works ;)