Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Problem

Options

I am using BitDefender for second year now. I got BitDefender 2009 in March. When I installed it, it showed 2 issues. First was that Scan has never been performed, second was Update has never been performed. Then I scanned my computer and wanted to update it. I clicked on "Update now" and it didn't do anything. Then I tryed searching for some help and tryed many different solutions. But it just said (and still says) that update is unavailable. When I try to start update from Services then it says: "Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion". I have also tryed the Update troubleshooting but in all ways I still got different errors (manual update too). So it means that I haven't updated my BitDefender for 5 months. I am really worried about it not being up to date. I would be ver greatful to anyone who has a sulution for it.

I also remember that when installing BD 2009, I still had 2008 installed so it asked to remove it. I accepted and it uninstalled it, installed new version. Then it asked to reboot computer (as I remember). I accepted, but when it had restarted BD gave an error that it didn't install correctly and asked to reinstall. When rebooting second time my computer freezed for some time but afterall the AntiVirus got installed.

Also, when I check my Windows Security Center, there are 2 things under Malware protection: "Virus protection" and "Spyware and other malware protection". Uner the second one it says: "BitDefender Antispyware reports that it is turned on.". Under Virus protection it says: "BitDefender Antivirus reports that it might be out of date." There is also a button "Update now". When I click on it, it asks for permission and when I give it, nothing happens.

I hope I provided enough information to get some help.

PS. my operating system is Windows Vista Home Basic.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Terminaato ,

We have sent you an email that contains a patch that should fix this issue and the steps that will help you send us back some reports that will help us further investigate this sittuation , in case the patch has no effect. Please reply when you have time .

Thank you .

• mkn
    Options
    Hello Terminaato ,

We have sent you an email that contains a patch that should fix this issue and the steps that will help you send us back some reports that will help us further investigate this sittuation , in case the patch has no effect. Please reply when you have time .

Thank you .

I seem to be suffering from the same problem. Because I seem to have 200+ days of support left I would like to have at least this problem fixed, as disappointed with the product as I am.

Any idea to get this fix public?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello mkn ,

Please send us a report generated by the sysdump tool. Here is what you have to do :

1. Save the tool from the next link on your Desktop:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Run it and you will notice that a command prompt window will appear on your screen.

3. Please note that the information gathering process can take a several minutes therefore please wait until the command prompt window disappear by itself. The output of this tool is a new file called sysdump.tar placed in the same location with sysdump.exe

4. After the file is generated please reply to my email with it attached.

Thank you .

• mkn
    mkn
    edited August 2009
    Options

The process to "patch" the non-working BitDefender looked somewhat suspicious and lengthy (a full scan was needed) and I simply did not have the time for that (have some work to do). Instead, I chose the quick way (well, if one can talk about any quick ways when doing anything with BitDefender) and reinstalled it.

I think that the product itself locks some of the files because it could not be uninstalled before a reboot. I normally reboot my workstation about once a month

After about the installation and the reboots needed it seem to sort-of work but the icon does not appear in the system tray.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello mkn,

Try to run the file that I have sent you through the email and let us know if the BitDefender icon is displayed near your computer clock after that .

Thank you .

• mkn
    Options
    Try to run the file that I have sent you through the email and let us know if the BitDefender icon is displayed near your computer clock after that .

Yes, the icon is now restored. On the other hand a couple of other systray icons where lost even though the processes continued running. Well, never mind, I will possibly reboot within three weeks and see what happens then.

After the reinstallation I have suffered from weird behaviour where the active window I was working on (skype, any browser, editor, Putty ssh or the Eclipse environment) lost focus. There was no way of finding out which process stole the focus. This happened a few times a day and I am eager to see whether this patch had any effect on it.

Thanks for the ******, anyhow.

Markku

• richard_jackson
    edited August 2009
    Options

Hey terminaato!

Were ur issues fixed coz i can give some tips 2 fix ur issues.

Firstly it for the uninstallation of BD. Save this file and properly uninstall ur product

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Secondly disable any other active AV or firewall software if its a part of windows. If not then u need to properly uninstall those security softwares and reinstall a fresh copy of ur BD product. Which u can download from:

Bitdefender Download Center

Now since u have disable all the other softwares and reinstalled a fresh copy of BD update should work.

Regards,

Richard Jackson