Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Registered User Frustrated Vsserv.exe

Options

I just purchased a 2 year license for 3 users. This was 2 days ago.

I really wish I never did, and stayed with my other anti-virus company.

I read the reviews how great this software is, so I went for it.

The "VSSERVE.EXE" services keep crashing. It Keeps crashing. Multiple times.

There is no security here. It freezes up my laptop an aweful lot. Extremely frustrating.

Secondly the network module does not seem to work either.

Please help, but I seriously want a refund

post-26651-1251585570_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hey Look Everyone! Look at the fantastic support I received from BitDefender Technical Support!

Absolutely None!

Look, it is quite obvious that BitDefender is not Compatible with Windows Vista, and probably will not be with Windows 7.

Because of the overwhelming support from BitDefender Technical Support, I decided to remove my Vista Home Premium operating which had all the latest updates, and was not cracked. It was my licensed copy that came with my Gateway laptop when purchased new.

My experience of BitDefender with Vista Home Premium is ..

1- The VSSERVE.EXE Error makes BitDefender impossible to use on Vista.

The service always crashes leaving no protection. Because of this the computer freezes and makes online browsing most frustrating rendering this software USELESS

2- The network utility on BitDefender does not work with Vista.

It only says to "enable network", prompts for password then goes back to "enable network".

After I TEMPORARILY removed Vista, I installed my other licensed copy of Windows XP home SP2.

Amazingly, so far everything worked fine... though it has only been a few hours.

It took me a long time to shed the Windows XP OS. I finally decided to give it up, and be more current as of last month, plus my laptop was much more powerful than any computer I had in the past.

I do not want to go back to XP I bought Bit Defender 2010 Internet Security for my Vista Home Premium laptop, but it does not work. I bought a 2 year / 3 user license for nothing.

I chose BitDefender because I read how great the reviews are. It actually beat the other company that I use normally on a few reviews. Also, I figured since windows comes with a lighter version of BitDefender, it should integrate well.

I don't know what the heck happened, but I know of cats and mice that work better together. I am willing to bet that these reviewers were not using BitDefender 2010 with Windows Vista. And believe me, I know Windows Vista is also a piece of work. I am definitely not saying Windows Vista is better than XP. There are changes in that I need to become familiar with in Vista and Windows 7.

So, I need my BitDefender 2010 Internet Security to run the same way it does on XP, on my Vista Home Premium.

If not, once again I want a refund. I Will pursue this further, and I will continue to write bad reviews when I have time on major websites with my experience. I will steer my clients clear from this software. It states a false claim.

• Hi there.

You should - with respect to your health - really calm down a bit.

Beside the fact, that I do also have trouble with some annoying bugs with BD2009/BD2010 I want to make clear, that BD2009 was and is compatible with Windows Vista as I had it running flawlessly on several different Vista installations (except for some minor bugs - but no crashes or freezes).

BD2009 appears not to be compatible with Windows 7. Therefore I installed BD2010 on my Windows 7 Professional installation and it does not crash or give any errors during installation. It is compatible with Windows 7.

Hopefully, your problem gets solved soon; but remember: this kind of angry complaining on a forum on a Sunday doesn't make things better...

Greetings,

Trav

• Good Morning Trav,

Well I am frustrated because BitDefender 2010 did not work for me, and the odds of a refund are slim to none.

I am not angry. I was misled, and it seems many people were.

Being that Windows 7 is not available for purchase until October, it is not really an option.

Also, I have no plans on buying Windows 7 until maybe 1 - 2 years from now.

So either I have to get a license for ButDefender 2009 on Vista, or use the last few remaining months of my 2 year subscription on Windows 7.

I choose a refund.

Thank you for the reply Trav. Your concern is appreciated.

Luckily, I found few inexpensive licenses to purchase from an antivirus company I should have never left.

I will now take a nice bike ride and enjoy the rest of my Sunday

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello 4things,

We are sorry to hear about the situation that you encountered with our BitDefender 2010 product . If you still want us to have a look on this issue, please reply to my email with the files that we have asked you .

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .

• Thank you Alex,

BitDefender Internet Security 2010 runs like a champ on Windows XP...it seems well polished.

It's really unfortunate that the same software that runs flawlessly on XP is runs more like an alpha on Vista.

For me, weekdays are difficult to get things done because of my work schedule.

I still need to reinstall Vista before I could issue files.

A refund seems better, however that will not help the serious Vista issue for other Users.

I really need something I could just install & be confident with... Unfortunately not much time to troubleshoot...

Please let me know my options.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hello 4things,

One of my colleagues from the Customer Care department, will contact you today in regards to your refund request, asking you for the necessary details that will help us perform this action .

We regret your decision and we are waiting your reply .

Thank you .