Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 Total Security Crashing Powerdvd 9

Options

This has happened on a Vista Sp2 and Windows 7 Ultimate computers. First I installed the 2 operating systems on 2 different machine. Then I installed PowerDvd on both and tested it out. It worked fine on both machines. Then I installed Bitdefender 2010 Total Security on both machines and the exact same thing happens on both machines. When I put a Dvd in PowerDvd 9 Ultra will not start up. When I click on the dvd drive to try and get it to play manually it starts up then crashes.

Comments

• Can you please tell us the exact version of PowerDVD you experienced problems with ?

• Cyberlink PowerDVD v9.1719a

• Hi,

There is a compatibility problem between PowerDVD9 and Active Virus Control of BitDefender. For a temporary quick fix, please openup BitDefender, swith to Expert Mode, go to Antivirus -> Advanced Settings. There please add the executables of PowerDVD9 into the exclusion list (Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\Activate.exe, CLDrvChk.exe, CLHelper.exe, PDVD9Serv.exe, PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe, PowerDVD9.exe and from Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\PowerDVD Cinema\PDVDCinService.exe, PowerDVDCinema.exe, PowerDVDCox.exe,TaskScheduler.exe).

We will further investigate this incompatibility and hopefully will deliver an update that fixes this problem without the need to manually add those files to the AVC exclusion list.

Best Regards,

DHL

• This has happened on a Vista Sp2 and Windows 7 Ultimate computers. First I installed the 2 operating systems on 2 different machine. Then I installed PowerDvd on both and tested it out. It worked fine on both machines. Then I installed Bitdefender 2010 Total Security on both machines and the exact same thing happens on both machines. When I put a Dvd in PowerDvd 9 Ultra will not start up. When I click on the dvd drive to try and get it to play manually it starts up then crashes.

thank u so much FuSchnickens for making this topic

i have the same problem 2

i thouth may be it was my codec make this problem ,even i reinstall my windows (vista sp1 x64 and then updated to sp2) and then i install the codec and then powerdvd 9 ultra and after that when i install the bitdefender 2010 and restart my laptop ,powerdvd will crash

even if u just open the powerdvd without the video file and then go to the option>video tab the program will crash again

and i have to say i make a new topic in shark007 forum for this problem

plz do i have to uninstall the bit defender or not?

and sorry for my bad english

• Hi,

There is a compatibility problem between PowerDVD9 and Active Virus Control of BitDefender. For a temporary quick fix, please openup BitDefender, swith to Expert Mode, go to Antivirus -> Advanced Settings. There please add the executables of PowerDVD9 into the exclusion list (Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\Activate.exe, CLDrvChk.exe, CLHelper.exe, PDVD9Serv.exe, PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe, PowerDVD9.exe and from Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\PowerDVD Cinema\PDVDCinService.exe, PowerDVDCinema.exe, PowerDVDCox.exe,TaskScheduler.exe).

We will further investigate this incompatibility and hopefully will deliver an update that fixes this problem without the need to manually add those files to the AVC exclusion list.

Best Regards,

DHL

tnx u

it's work but when windows start and for the first time u only double click on the powerdvd 9 can't open perfectly.

i hope ur update will make this better.

• tnx u

it's work but when windows start and for the first time u only double click on the powerdvd 9 can't open perfectly.

i hope ur update will make this better.

With Bitdefender Internet Security 2010, I found it easier to use game mode. It's just

one click and when and if the problem is fixed, I won't have a whole list of files in my

Anti-virus settings.

Daryl