Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Other Microsoft Updates

Options

In the Vulnerability settings I have disabled "Regular Windows Updates", "Applicaton Updates"

I have left "Critical Updates" as enabled.

However I am still getting notifications about "Other Microsoft Updates". I do not want this monitored yet there is no way for me to disable this. Even if I disable "Critical Microsfot Updates" I am still hounded for the Other updates.

BTW I've only disabled Application Updates because it is hounding me for Windows Live Messenger that is installed and up to date.

This needs to be fixed.

Comments

• In the Vulnerability settings I have disabled "Regular Windows Updates", "Applicaton Updates"

I have left "Critical Updates" as enabled.

However I am still getting notifications about "Other Microsoft Updates". I do not want this monitored yet there is no way for me to disable this. Even if I disable "Critical Microsfot Updates" I am still hounded for the Other updates.

BTW I've only disabled Application Updates because it is hounding me for Windows Live Messenger that is installed and up to date.

This needs to be fixed.

there is a work around solution, that is go to microcrap updates site,and if any updates that you did not want or need are showing then select them and hide them then run the vuna scan again should not return, this worked for me ,if you are vista user you can hide the updates from the updates menu within your o/s,but yeh i agree it needs fixing like a lot of other issues with this product (2010 range)

• there is a work around solution, that is go to microcrap updates site,and if any updates that you did not want or need are showing then select them and hide them then run the vuna scan again should not return, this worked for me ,if you are vista user you can hide the updates from the updates menu within your o/s,but yeh i agree it needs fixing like a lot of other issues with this product (2010 range)

Its a temporary workaround though. Any new updates that come along will cause the same issue. I just finished setting up workstation for a friend who is not computer savy and I really don't want this hounding them in the future. It would be nice to hand this over already configured.

• Travellinman
    edited September 2009
    Options

I have reported the same problem in this thread.

Gruß,

Trav

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello dwh and davey,

As Travellinman said, a topic was already opened for this issue and that is why we suggest you to post here your future replies:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15327 .

Also, my colleagues from the Testing Team are aware of this sittuation and they are currently investigating it . A fix should be released soon through the automatic update .

Thank you .

This discussion has been closed.