Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I'm Fed Up With Bitdefender

Options

I installed BitDefender 2010 Internet Security (evaluation version), but after 2 weeks I decided not to buy the licence because:

1. The update of virus definitions did not work until I went through tweaking the BitDefender firewall (it doesn't allow itself to access Internet).

2. Once the updates were done and the firewall settings modified, the CPU usage is constantly close to 100%. Even after several reboots, processes seccenter.exe and VSSERV.exe remain on the top of the most CPU-consuming processes.

3. When logging in, BitDefender apparently causes Microsoft's "Genuine Advantage" spying thing to crash.

4. Lastly a pop-up window at startup says "BitDefender services are not answering".

(Some of the names and messages are translated from French, but you get the idea)

That's enough for me. All those excellent reviews on the web were probably paid for and the reviewers never really tried the thing themselves.

Comments

• I posted exactly the same complaint to the French-speaking BitDefender 2010 forum, and it was deleted by the administrator about 30 minutes later....

• Thats funny that they deleted it. You would think they would address the issue and help people. I'm not going to use bitdefender anymore i dont think.

• Hi I would like to know when there will be a good working version of bitdefender. I started with 2008 first update it failed I was told to install 2009 to fix my problems this made things worse. Next I was told to update to 2010 that would fix the problems well I waited a bit to see how others found it and no way will I put that on my pc. I have not used the program in 2 or 3 months now as I gave up on it. One thing I wanted fixed was the constant scan activity window coming up but I see that error is still there in 2010. I think that if you have a program you should not have to give constant work arounds to make it work.

Hammey

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hello Hammey and jarle,

Unfortuantely, there are situations when the product may not work properly on some systems due to some incompatibilities with other software or devices. However, this does not mean that the program itself is inoperable on most of the computers where is installed .There are numerous positive feedback's from our clients that used to have BitDefender 2009 and they installed BitDefender 2010 .

Normally, we are constantly working on solving all the issues that are described on this forum and on our support database and that is why your posts are appreciated.

Jarle, if you want us to have a look on some reports from your system that may gave us a clue on why this issues occurred, we will gladly help you.

Hammey, I know from your other posts the issues that you had with our 2009 product, but you should give BitDefender 2010 a chance and try though, just in testing purpose to install it to see how is working.

Thank you .

• i dont understand why the Bitdefender does not hire more people to work with bugs, with fighting malware better way and other stuff,

alot of people complaining about bitdefender products i've never seen in my life so many people complain about other antivirus software.

Of course some people complain about other AV software but never as many as for bitdefender...

I guess now this post will be deleted, why? because they try to hide that Bitdefender has issue's.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Vexil,

I guess I will not delete your post, since you have stopped posting results of different comparative test, that have nothing to do with the main purpose of this forum :) .

I will close this topic, because these discussions will lead to no results and they have nothing to do with the main objective of this forum, which is to help other users that have different issues or questions.

Have a nice day .

This discussion has been closed.