Security Center Alert At Start-up

Just wanted to report a small bug I have observed when the computer starts up (I have BD AV 2010 up to date): the Windows Security Center (under Vista 32 bit) flashes an alert that BD is not active, even though BD is active since the BD icon in the taskbar is red. After the first BD update a few minutes later, the alert disappears.

The bug was reported in the French forum as well, I believe. I'm not bothered by this bug much since the alert vanishes quickly, but perhaps you can find some way to fix it.

Thank you.

Comments

• I also have the same little bug and it does go away.I'm running Vista home premium sp/2 and bd av anti-virus 2010.Really like this new version of bitdefender and hope it works with windows 7. :D I'll be doing a in-place upgrade and was wondering if I should diable real time protection when I do it.Thanks and sorry for getting of topic.

• Seems the problem was fixed after an update today. Thank you!

• I take that back ... it's back again.

• I also have the same little bug and it does go away.I'm running Vista home premium sp/2 and bd av anti-virus 2010.Really like this new version of bitdefender and hope it works with windows 7. :D I'll be doing a in-place upgrade and was wondering if I should diable real time protection when I do it.Thanks and sorry for getting of topic.

Yes, it does work with Windows 7. However, I can also confirm this bug (although I'm not sure if the security center alarm was active today after startup).

Greetings,

Trav

• Hello all,

We recommend you to try the following workaround :

1. Click on Start from Windows , go to Control Panel and open Administrative Tools.

2. Access the Services option.

3. Here look after the following services :

Windows Security Center

Windows Management Instrumentation

4. We will need to stop them and in order to do this you will have to right click on each one and choose Stop . You don't have to worry because these services will start automatically after you restart your computer.

6. Now , go to C:\Windows\System32\wbem\ and delete the folder called "Repository"

7. Reboot your system and let us know if you have the same issues .

Thank you .