Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Block Vmware From Connect The Internet

Options

i used to try bit 2009 and it worked fine. my vm could connect the internet. But i had a problem that i couldn't activate the firewall; so i decided to upgrade to bit 2010 and the firewall is working fine.

Now, vm can't connect the internet. ( i have set the firewall into "allow all" with vm)

thanks

waiting for your reply

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello kebactinh,

For start please set your VMware network type on NAT not Bridge . After that we would like you to follow the next instructions:

1. Open BitDefender, click on Settings, select the Expert Mode then click on Ok .

2. Choose the Firewall module, click on the Network tab and under "Network Configuration" please select your adapter and the VMware Network adapter, change the "Trust Level" to "Trusted Local", "Stealth" to "Off" and "Generic" to "Yes" .

3. Now test to see if you have the same issues . After that, click on the Rules tab and then select the Advanced button.

4. Look in this list after the following VMware processes : "vmware.exe", "vmware-authd.exe" , "vmware-tray.exe" located in c:\program files\vmware\vmware workstation\ and the "vmnat.exe" process located in c:\windows\system32\ , and make sure that their Action is set to Allow .

5. Now, close the "BitDefender Edit Firewall Advanced Rules" window and test to see if you have the same issues. If you do, under the Rules tab, click on the Reset Rules button and choose "Yes" when you will be asked if you agree with this action .

Let us know what happened .

Thank you .

• Hello kebactinh,

For start please set your VMware network type on NAT not Bridge . After that we would like you to follow the next instructions:

1. Open BitDefender, click on Settings, select the Expert Mode then click on Ok .

2. Choose the Firewall module, click on the Network tab and under "Network Configuration" please select your adapter and the VMware Network adapter, change the "Trust Level" to "Trusted Local", "Stealth" to "Off" and "Generic" to "Yes" .

3. Now test to see if you have the same issues . After that, click on the Rules tab and then select the Advanced button.

4. Look in this list after the following VMware processes : "vmware.exe", "vmware-authd.exe" , "vmware-tray.exe" located in c:\program files\vmware\vmware workstation\ and the "vmnat.exe" process located in c:\windows\system32\ , and make sure that their Action is set to Allow .

5. Now, close the "BitDefender Edit Firewall Advanced Rules" window and test to see if you have the same issues. If you do, under the Rules tab, click on the Reset Rules button and choose "Yes" when you will be asked if you agree with this action .

Let us know what happened .

Thank you .

I have tried the steps listed above for Bitdefender IS 2010 and VMWare 6.5.3 (both 64-bit) and none of my guest operating systems can connect to the Internet. Only if I disable the firewall completely can the guests connect properly.

Any more suggestions?

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hello jbimmerle,

Under the Firewall module, select the Network tab and make sure that your local network adapter is set to Trusted Local. Also, click on the Status tab, then select the Advanced Settings, uncheck all the options form there then click on Ok. Look if you have the same issues after that .

If these steps are not working, we recommend you to send us a complete set of reports generated by the tools available in this article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB389 . Also, please include the files called "profiles.xml" and "rules.xml" located in :C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Firewall and the "firewall.txt" file located under C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Firewall .

Thank you .

• You should also try to disable stealth mode.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello vicox19,

Let us know what happens when you disable the BitDefender Firewall. Is VMware working properly then? Also, please tell us what happens after you perform the changes described in my previous posts.

If none of the these instructions works for you, please browse to the next location from your system:C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Firewall, look after the file called "profiles.xml", upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Thank you.

• Hello vicox19,

Let us know what happens when you disable the BitDefender Firewall. Is VMware working properly then? Also, please tell us what happens after you perform the changes described in my previous posts.

If none of the these instructions works for you, please browse to the next location from your system:C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Firewall, look after the file called "profiles.xml", upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Thank you.

Yes, when I disabled the firewall, my virtual machine can connect to internet. About the steps in your previous post, I did, but not works. This is the lik for the file required: http://www.sendspace.com/file/35beyz

Thanks

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello vicox19,

Please try the steps bellow :

2. Choose the Firewall module, click on the Network tab and under "Network Configuration" please select your adapter(Conexión de área local 5 ) and the VMware Network adapters (VMware Network Adapter VMnet8 and VMware Network Adapter VMnet1), change the "Trust Level" to "Trusted Local", "Stealth" to "Off" and "Generic" to "Yes" .

Let us know what happens after you perform these changes.

Thank you.

• fbuff
    Options
    Hello vicox19,

Please try the steps bellow :

2. Choose the Firewall module, click on the Network tab and under "Network Configuration" please select your adapter(Conexión de área local 5 ) and the VMware Network adapters (VMware Network Adapter VMnet8 and VMware Network Adapter VMnet1), change the "Trust Level" to "Trusted Local", "Stealth" to "Off" and "Generic" to "Yes" .

Let us know what happens after you perform these changes.

Thank you.

Hello,

Here is what I did and it works:

VMware Workstation 7.0

From both VM XP-Pro x86 and VM Windows 7 RC x64:

Menu VM->Settings: Network adapter: Bridged

BitDefender 2010

module Firewall -> Network tab:

Local area connection : Trusted Level = Safe / Stealth mode = off / Generic profile = Yes

VMWare Network Adapter VMNet1: Trusted Level = Trusted Local / Stealth mode = off / Generic profile = Yes

VMWare Network Adapter VMNet8: Trusted Level = Trusted Local / Stealth mode = off / Generic profile = Yes

Windows 7 Pro x64

nothing to setup

• vicox19
    Options

EXCELENT!! now my VM have internet connection.

The answer:

BitDefender 2010

Local area connection : Trusted Level = Safe / Stealth mode = off / Generic profile = Yes

VMWare Network Adapter VMNet1: Trusted Level = Trusted Local / Stealth mode = off / Generic profile = Yes

VMWare Network Adapter VMNet8: Trusted Level = Trusted Local / Stealth mode = off / Generic profile = Yes

Now, it is necessary install in my VM bitdefender?? or all traffic inside it's monotored by bitdefender installed in my real machine?

Best regards

Vicox19

Hello,

Here is what I did and it works:

VMware Workstation 7.0

From both VM XP-Pro x86 and VM Windows 7 RC x64:

Menu VM->Settings: Network adapter: Bridged

BitDefender 2010

Windows 7 Pro x64

nothing to setup

• Unknown
    edited May 2010
    Options

Hi Vicox19,

Further to your query be kindly informed that BitDefender will monitor the traffic on the VM and, for example, if a known threat is found on the VM then BitDefender will pop-up on the real machine letting you that the file is infected.

Best regards,

• Didn't I reply or i was dreaming...............!

Anyway i have bitdefender 2011 and vmware 7

Problem: Bitdefender Block Vmware From Connect The Internet.!

Note: i tried all things in this topic but still the same problem.

This is the second time i reply the 1st time i don't know where is my reply!

• Didn't I reply or i was dreaming...............!

Anyway i have bitdefender 2011 and vmware 7

Problem: Bitdefender Block Vmware From Connect The Internet.!

Note: i tried all things in this topic but still the same problem.

This is the second time i reply the 1st time i don't know where is my reply!

@Kero Yugi - You have BD2011 and posted to an almost year old topic in the 2010 forum, so I moved your post to it's own topic in the 2011 forum, HERE.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.