Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Problem With Vista 64

Options

Hi,

My Bit defender 2010 does not scan properly, I never get a completed scan message and my record of scans always shows"Never"

I tried updating, but the message says "Updating unavailable"

I did order the back up CD and am thinking of uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it. It did seem to work at first,(got a completed scan message with a listing of problems fixed) although i never did get a message saying any scans have been done. Now I don't seem to get any response from the program. Any idea of where the problem might be?

Comments

• ARJR
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi,

My Bit defender 2010 does not scan properly, I never get a completed scan message and my record of scans always shows"Never"

I tried updating, but the message says "Updating unavailable"

I did order the back up CD and am thinking of uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it. It did seem to work at first,(got a completed scan message with a listing of problems fixed) although i never did get a message saying any scans have been done. Now I don't seem to get any response from the program. Any idea of where the problem might be?

Thanks for posting, I just purchased BD 2010 AntiVirus protection for my new HP Touch Smart which has Vista 64 and I'm having the same issue. I did install it before deleting the Norton protection it came with so I don't know if maybe it interfered. Aso, when I try to update, a new window appears stating:

"Update process failed because an Antivirus scanning task is in process. If you want to update now, please stop the running scan process and try again."

Hopefully somone can chime in on this thread

• Thanks for posting, I just purchased BD 2010 AntiVirus protection for my new HP Touch Smart which has Vista 64 and I'm having the same issue. I did install it before deleting the Norton protection it came with so I don't know if maybe it interfered. Aso, when I try to update, a new window appears stating:

"Update process failed because an Antivirus scanning task is in process. If you want to update now, please stop the running scan process and try again."

Hopefully somone can chime in on this thread

Thanks for replying.

I had been using another AV program that was about to expire. Checked around the web for reviews and the program I had was not highly rated, Bit defender had some very good ratings. I decided to uninstall the program I had and install Bit defender, which I paid for. I made sure to uninstall the other program before installing Bit defender. Right now, I am very unhappy with the program, so if anybody from the "factory" is monitoring this forum, I would appreciate hearing from you.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello johnda and ARJR,

johnda : Regarding your update issue we recommend you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode :

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

2. Go to the next location : C:\Program Files (x86)\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Ini\Default . Here you will find a file called "v_live_s.xml" . Right click on it and choose Copy .

3. Now, go to the next location : C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service and paste this file, selecting Yes, when you will be asked if you want to replace the file.

4. Start your computer in Normal Mode and the update issue should be solved.

In order to be able to investigate the scan issue that you encountered, please go to the next location C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles , look after the "tasks_system.xml" file, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link.

ARJR: Try running the Norton uninstall tool from their website then try to run another scan. If you had the same issues like johnda, you should also try the steps described above.

Thank you .

• Hello johnda and ARJR,

johnda : Regarding your update issue we recommend you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode :

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

2. Go to the next location : C:\Program Files (x86)\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Ini\Default . Here you will find a file called "v_live_s.xml" . Right click on it and choose Copy .

3. Now, go to the next location : C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service and paste this file, selecting Yes, when you will be asked if you want to replace the file.

4. Start your computer in Normal Mode and the update issue should be solved.

In order to be able to investigate the scan issue that you encountered, please go to the next location C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles , look after the "tasks_system.xml" file, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link.

ARJR: Try running the Norton uninstall tool from their website then try to run another scan. If you had the same issues like johnda, you should also try the steps described above.

Thank you .

Thanks, Alex

I'll give it a shot. I'm not sure about the scan issue solution, but I'll look into it.