Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 And Shared Internet Connection Pb

Options

Hello,

I've got a PC network made of 4 machines with XP SP3 on 3 of them and Vista 64 bits on one with a shared Internet connection.

Everything was working fine until I decided to upgrade to the 2010 version (I was using version 2009 before).

Only the PC directly connected to my freebox can access to the Internet.

In order to access it for the other ones, I need to go to “Firewall”, then click on "Parameters", uncheck "Shared Internet connection", and then click the "OK" button.

Then I need to go through the same process and check the option again.

This kind of work around allows me to stay connected some minutes; I've got to do the same stuff again to reconnect again and again…

I've contacted the support that telling me to check my entire network. To sum up it was very helpful.

If anybody goes through the same stuff, could you please help me?

Many thanks in advance

Herve

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello RV2U,

We recommend you to try the next troubleshooting steps :

-> Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, select the Expert Mode then click on Ok. Click on Firewall, temporarily uncheck "Firewall is enabled" and now please test in order to see if the connectivity issue reoccurs.

-> If it doesn't reoccur please re-enable the Firewall, then select the Network tab in the upper menu and click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local", Stealth to "No" and Generic to "Yes". In the Zones area please click on the "+" sign and add the IP address of the local device that you are trying to connect to;

-> If the connection is unsuccessful please go to the Status tab, click on the "Advanced Settings" button and check the option called "Enable Internet Connection Sharing" . Now please uncheck "Block Port scan" as well and click OK. Test in order to see if the connectivity issue is still present.

If these steps don't manage to resolve the issue please reply to our email with a complete set of reports generated by the tools available in this article and also a full description of the procedure that you are using in order to connect to that network resource:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB389

Also, please include the files called "profiles.xml" and "rules.xml" located in :C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\Firewall and "firewall.txt" located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Firewall .

Thank you .

• I've got a PC network made of 4 machines with XP SP3 on 3 of them and Vista 64 bits on one with a shared Internet connection.

Everything was working fine until I decided to upgrade to the 2010 version (I was using version 2009 before).

Only the PC directly connected to my freebox can access to the Internet.

In order to access it for the other ones, I need to go to “Firewall”, then click on "Parameters", uncheck "Shared Internet connection", and then click the "OK" button.

Then I need to go through the same process and check the option again.

This kind of work around allows me to stay connected some minutes; I've got to do the same stuff again to reconnect again and again…

I've contacted the support that telling me to check my entire network. To sum up it was very helpful.

Herve

Hi, the same problem overhere. Got no problems with Bitdefender TS 2009. Started after upgrade yesterday to version 2010. Busy now alle day to find a solution. As a bonus got a KB954430 MS XML Core service 4.0 service pack 2.0 patch form Micorsoft update which keeps on trying to install and fails time after time.

Got alle the requested debug files. To whom can ik send them?

Regards,

TM

• Hi, some more findings. On 2 of the pc’s I upgraded to BD TS 2010 i got the Windows update XML Core Services 4.0 SP2 ‘download loop’. The ‘cure’ which was no solution: rename (system32)msxml4.dll to .NOT, download from Microsoft the manual patch and install (choose remove). Install a second time and then install.

Back to topic. Did what Alex advised. Shared Internet worked fine when the firewall was disabled (on the main pc). I do have an old fashioned cabled homenetwork with 2 network cards inside the main pc (1 to the cablecompany and 1 to my homenetwork pc’s). I choose Trusted Local and Stealth to None, generic to yes for the homenetwork nic. I did allow the IP’s of the clientpc’s in the zone area (DHCP on). After enabling the firewall still no shared internet. Funny that shared internet works fine for a few minutes after switching shared internet connection from off to on.

For now I disabled the BD firewall permanently and use the Windows firewall instead.

What is killing the shared internet connection?

Regards, TM

I invest my time in this software because it proved to be the best quality for a good price.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Virus276,

If possible, please reply to our email with the files that we need for analysis. We will contact you shortly after we have a look on these files.

Thank you .

• Okay, I will send you the files.

Installed BD TS 2010 today on my 3th pc (a brandnew Netbook). Found out that during installation msxml4.dll v4.20.8970.0 (XP) got replaced by msxml4.dll v 4.20 9818.0 which triggers windows automatic update to start downloading a 'new' MS XML Core Services 4.0 service pack 2.0 and entering a downloadloop. This happened now after 3 installations on 3 different pc's. So it's no coincedense anymore.

Installation on the 3 days old netbook suffered a crash during the update proces. Rebooting (after sending a mail about the error) did the trick. And on top of that my 2nd pc spontaneously started (re)configuring BD TS 2010 (on the screen: Windows is configuring BDTS 2010) Click yes to restart Windows now). Spooky.

Keep on wondering about the world and software in specifc.

TM

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Virus276,

We have sent you a reply to your email . Try to perform the changes that we have told you and reply to our email if the same issues occurs.

Regarding the MS XML Core Services 4.0 Windows update issue that you mentioned. We are aware of this sittuation and most probably in maximum one month, the BitDefender installation kit will be modified, so that the msxml4.dll file, to not be replaced with a newer version, during the BitDefender installation .

Thank you .

• t.meijers@chello.nl
    edited September 2009
    Options

Okay that's fine. Found out that when i deleted the msxml4.dll en the 4r.dll because Windows update kept on nagging about an necessary (safety) update in order to run windows update one more time (and it keeps on making system recovery backups) Bitdefender always comes up with the configuration wizard even if BD is already configured, registered and activated.

So still in the blind how to troubleshoot the msxml 4 core sp2 update problem.

Regards,

TM