Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 Icon Missing From System Tray

I installed 2010 upgrade from BitDefender website, I everything was working good until 2 days ago when my icon seems to have disappeared from my System Tray. I have rebooted the computer many times and still no icon. I went into services.msc and turned all BitDefender items to automatic and still no icon. What is the problem with this software. It is installed on desktop Vista Home Prem 32bit.

I also installed it on my laptop which is running Vista Home Prem 64bit and on there I have no problems.

This software has drove me nuts more problems then enough. I should of stayed with 2009. :o:ph34r:

I hope someone can help me.

Thxs

gamer man

Comments

• I've had and have reported this same issue with Windows 7 64bit. No answer as of yet after countless emails to support etc.

• claudiu
    edited September 2009

i use windows 7 64bit too but i never had such problems. not even in beta. and remember : windows 7 is NOT officially released for general use.

• It may not be officially released for the main consumer, but it is available for us techs or businesses who subscribe to M$ services. It's also available to many universities across the US for students to install. With that said, many people are testing/installing it with many products at the moment. I happen to be testing all AV products at the moment. It usually happens when rebooting quickly repeatedly after Windows loads a few times with Windows 7 64bit. For example if you are setting up (or even just updating software) a PC and you are installing software that requires reboots (which is usually best for Windows anyways :-) ). This is when it usually happens. Many of us are also getting the "Bitdefender is loading" message, but it is not just Windows 7 related apparently. That seems to be the biggest issue over this as a couple reboots fixes this issue. A couple reboots doesn't fix the other issue.

• no, not again.

i just decided to give another go for BDIS, this time v2010

and now i see this?!

missing systray icon was a BDIS2009 issue here on my XP pro 32bit

so far i don't have this problem with v2010

however it seems like BD team has done nothing about that since last version.

<_<

• Hello gamer man,

Please try to follow the instructions that we have sent you through the email and reply back if the same issues occurs .

Thank you .

• gamer man
    edited September 2009

Well I want to thank BD for the ****** that got my icon back in the system tray but like your instructions said reboot computer after install of the ****** which I did my guess what the icon was missing again when on the desktop. So I ran the ****** again and the icon is back in the system tray...except this time I haven't rebooted yet to see if it says...waiting for a reply from BD. :huh::P

• Any update on this?

• Yes I was able to fix the missing icon problem, BD send me a zip file that fixed the problem, I hope this works I am going to try loading the fix on this form. Sorry it will not let me so just send me a private message with your email and I will send you the file, I already did that a couple of times.

• Any update on this?

Yes I was able to fix the missing icon problem, BD send me a zip file that fixed the problem, I hope this works I am going to try loading the fix on this form. Sorry it will not let me so just send me a private message with your email and I will send you the file, I already did that a couple of times.