Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 And Firefox Add-ons Problem

Options

Hi,

After I installed Bitdefender 2010 on my computer I've noticed every time I boot up my computer, several of my add ons do not work. To make them work I have to click on Add-ons in the tool menu in firefox and click find updates. Then after it finds a compatibility update it restarts firefox and they all work. I have to do this every time I boot up my computer. I know it's BitDefender causing the problem because it never did this before I put it on, and I also uninstalled Bitdefender for a day or 2 and the problem didn't occur again until I put BitDefender back on. Is there any solution to this so I don't have to keep checking for a compatibility update every time? I'm running firefox 3.5.3.

Thanks

Comments

• claudiu
    edited September 2009
    Options

i have personally reported this bug in the beta stage. i had the exact problems you described with Secure Login , a firefox extension. So far bitdefender is quiet on the matter.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello john85,

Please tell us with which Mozilla Firefox Add-ons do you have this issue . In this way we will be able o reproduce this issue to see exactly what BitDefender module is causing it .

Also, just in testing purpose try to disable the BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar following the steps bellow and check if the same issues occurs:

1. Open Mozilla Firefox , click on Tools then select Add-ons .

2. Click on BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar and choose Disable.

3. Restart Firefox and look if you have the same issues .

Thank you .

• Thanks for the reply! It use to be greasemonkey and yahoo mail notifier and now it is just greasemonkey I am having the problem with. There was an update to the Yahoo mail notifier recently and since then that has worked. I have to try disabling the toolbar and I will let you know the results. Thanks again for the response!

• john85
    edited September 2009
    Options

Just tried it twice disabling the BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar and also tried to reboot it after I disabled it and it still did the same thing. Only when I completely disable BitDefender it will work fine.

• claudiu, I think I found a temporary fix for Securelogin.

Download (right click on "Add to Firefox" and choose "Save link as...") the extension and rename the .xpi file to .zip. Inside the archive, there is a "install.rdf" file. You will see something like this - "<em:maxVersion>3.0.*</em:maxVersion>". Put "3.*" instead of "3.0.*" and make sure you replace the file inside. Then rename the file again from .zip to .xpi and open the file with Firefox. It will ask you to install the extension - you should make sure it's uninstalled first. After that, it worked fine for me.

• having same prob. as person below...copy and pasted.

on xp 32 comp. cookiesafe lite ext. works , on vista 64 not work............I have found a couple of similar topics so I'm thinking now that it is a BD issue, though I havent tinkered with it yet...............................

Hi,

After I installed Bitdefender 2010 on my computer I've noticed every time I boot up my computer, several of my add ons do not work. To make them work I have to click on Add-ons in the tool menu in firefox and click find updates. Then after it finds a compatibility update it restarts firefox and they all work. I have to do this every time I boot up my computer. I know it's BitDefender causing the problem because it never did this before I put it on, and I also uninstalled Bitdefender for a day or 2 and the problem didn't occur again until I put BitDefender back on. Is there any solution to this so I don't have to keep checking for a compatibility update every time? I'm running firefox 3.5.3.

Thanks

• this is some one else s fix that I tried and it worked for me, don't know if its a real fix or more of a bandage but it seems to have no repercussions after several reboots, even bd antiphishing seems to still work good.

In safe mode go in the folder you installed bd ( programs ?), go to bitdefender 2010 and in that folder rename bdaphff.ini to bdaphff-x.ini and bdaphffext to bdaphffext-x then restart windows normally.

add ons in firefox should work normally

• has BD found a cure for this or is it swept under the carpet ?

• FIX for Windows Vista (As of 01/12/2010)

First: Thank you john85 for posting this issue, and also thanks to francis farmer to relaying the solution, I will lay out the detailed steps, for which all credit go to Spurred_On at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...7&t=1502915

Let's get started:

1. Start Menu > Type MSCONFIG and Open program

2. Under the "Boot" tab select "Safe boot" click Apply then OK

3. Restart the Computer

4. In Safe Mode go to: Program Files > Bitdefender > Bitdefender 2010

5. In the upper right search box type: bdaphff

6. From the search results, right click on the bdaphff.ini and RENAME it to bdaphff-x.ini and click off or tab

7. Also from the search results, right click on the bdaphffext SUBFOLDER and also RENAME it to bdaphffext-x and click off or tab

8. Start Menu > Type MSCONFIG and Open program

9. Under the "Boot" tab Un-select "Safe boot" click Apply then OK

10. Restart the Computer

Note: Once you have done this, you may need to "FIND UPDATES" under the TOOLS > Add-Ons menu in Firefox, however this will be the last time you have to do it manually, in regards to this solved issue.

This post is intended to fix, solve, resolve, and provide a solution to most add-ons being disabled (such as 1 click Weather and Smart Bookmarks) in Firefox by Bitdefender 2010, and shame on Bitdefender for not having come up with a patch for this problem as of this posting.

Best of Luck!

• Ekerim
    Options

I used to have this problem, but not any more. I do not believe that BitDefender is at fault but it seems that it is responsible for putting the light on the issue.

I have BD Antiphishing toolbar running fine in Win 7 x64 with Firefox and all those Firefox add-ons that previously didn't work. B)

Look at the last post in this mozillazine topic. After fixing my add-ons, everything works. :D