Why Is My Firewall Doing This?!

I can enable or disable the firewall but no matter what I can't open these programs!! Says unable to initialize due to firewall settings!! Do I need to uninstall Bitdefender?!

I've done a screen shot of what it does when I try to go on Limewire. . . the same thing happens w/360 share as well. How do I allow these programs access?

I run Vista Home Basic 32 bit, SP2

post-27342-1253582091_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hi,

What version of BitDefender do you have?

Are you sure you disabled the BitDefender firewall and not Windows firewall?

If yes, then probably is not a firewall problem.

Try to also disable Active Virus Control and see if that works.

• I just upgraded to BD 10. Where is active control? Also, if this is the reason it's doing it then I'm going to a different Anti vi.

• Hello Maw4Angels,

Please open BitDefender, click on the Settings button and choose the Expert Mode. Here click on Antivirus module then select the "Advanced Settings" button. Here please disable the Active Virus Control option .

Also, click on the Firewall module and temporarily disable it. Look if the same issue occurs and let us know the results .

Thank you .

• Ok where would I find that? I don't see that option. . .here is what I have when I click on expert mode.

post-27342-1253734371_thumb.jpg

• Hello Maw4Angels,

From the screen-shot that you have sent us, it seems that your BitDefender is already set to Expert Mode. Please double click on the BitDefender icon near your computer clock . The BitDefender main window should open . Now, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button . Here, disable Active Virus Control then click on Ok.

Now click on the Firewall module and temporarily uncheck "Firewall is enabled".

Look if the same issue occurs.

Thank you .

• I have done all that you have suggested and still BD will NOT allow Limewire to go through.