Remot App For The Iphone

Hi,

I have an Iphone and have installed an app called remote. This should, when working let me access my itunes lbrary on my desktop via my home network, it connects wirelessly. It only works when i disable the firewall (2008 total security suite). Once the firewall is back on it blocks access. I have tried adding the ip addy of the device (which I have made static in my router). The way I have added is by going into the Zones tab in the firewall section and then by browsing for the IP in question and then by making it trusted. Should this have worked as it still does not find my music library unless I totally disable the firewall.

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

I have the same problem. In the activity log I see the following line when my iPhone tries to connect to the iTunes library of my desktop:

2009/09/22 22:52:43.587 [bDFNDISF][FILTER] Denied UDP packet. (dir = INBOUND, src addr = 192.168.0.101, src port = 5353, dst addr = 224.0.0.251, dst port = 5353)

Could anyone tell me what rule I should add to allow this traffic?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have an Iphone and have installed an app called remote. This should, when working let me access my itunes lbrary on my desktop via my home network, it connects wirelessly. It only works when i disable the firewall (2008 total security suite). Once the firewall is back on it blocks access. I have tried adding the ip addy of the device (which I have made static in my router). The way I have added is by going into the Zones tab in the firewall section and then by browsing for the IP in question and then by making it trusted. Should this have worked as it still does not find my music library unless I totally disable the firewall.

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

• Hello CatN,

This issue has been solved in our latest product and that is why we recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the next steps : http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=14997 .

Thank you .