Bdis, Windows Live Messenger, And Messenger Plus! Live Problem

Hi,

I'm using BDIS and Windows 7.

Before I install BDIS, windows live messenger (WLM) and messenger plus! live (windows live messenger plug-in) (MPL) are work fine together.

But after install BDIS, WLM always crash when I try to talk with my friends and MPL doesn't works, it reports "Software not loaded".

I found the solution in the few day after try to do everything (uninstall WLM, MPL, BDIS, blah blah blah).

I reboot the system in safe mode and rename "imguimsn.dll" into "imguimsn.dll.bak" by suggestion in mulwarecity.com.

This problem doesn't appear in BDIS 2009. What's going on?

I wonder why you release an unfinished software to public.

Regards,

Peerawit

Comments

• Sorry for double post.

MPL still not worked now.

How can I do?

• andreww
    edited August 2009
    Sorry for double post.

MPL still not worked now.

How can I do?

Getting the same issue! I remember having similar issues with BD 2009 IS when it first came out.

EDIT: Im on Windows 7 as well.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited September 2009

Hello war11ck and Andreww ,

After the add-on is installed , when you will try to access it , you will receive an error message that will tell you that the add-on was not loaded properly . Please check the option called "Disable safe mode" then click on the Close button then on Ok when you will receive another error message . Windows Live Messenger will restart automatically and when you will login , Messenger Plus! Live will work .

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we recommend you to perform this workaround until a permanent fix will be released .

Thank you .

• Hello war11ck and Andreww ,

After the add-on is installed , when you will try to access it , you will receive an error message that will tell you that the add-on was not loaded properly . Please check the option called "Disable safe mode" then click on the Close button then on Ok when you will receive another error message . Windows Live Messenger will restart automatically and when you will login , Messenger Plus! Live will work .

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we recommend you to perform this workaround until a permanent fix will be released .

Thank you .

The issue i get is WLM freezes and MSG Plu7s just doesnt load

• The issue i get is WLM freezes and MSG Plu7s just doesnt load

As I said, you should restart you system to safe mode and rename the file, "imguimsn.dll", to any name that you want then the problem is resolve.

• Hello war11ck and Andreww ,

Thank you .

I have written here a problem in version BitDefender 2010 Beta 2 for this problem

But did not answer me, one of the technical support??

http://forum.malwarecity.com/index.php?showtopic=134

• Hello,

I have encountered this problem and fixed it by re-installing Messenger Plus

but now I have another problem, I can't send sounds through MSN

an error message pops up saying that it if the problem persists it may be because of the security program.

Hope you fix that too.

Thanks in advance!

• Hello,

I have encountered this problem and fixed it by re-installing Messenger Plus

but now I have another problem, I can't send sounds through MSN

an error message pops up saying that it if the problem persists it may be because of the security program.

Hope you fix that too.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I messed up a bit

I meant: I can't send CUSTOM Messenger sounds, it gives me the error when I do so

but I can send the built-in ones just fine.

thank you.

• Hi from Mexico.

I'm Using windows 7 pro x64 rtm + bitdefender antivirus 2010 + wlm 2009 + msgplus. The messenger plus icon disappeared just after I installed Bitdefender Antivirus 2010. I've tried renaming the dll, because I also had experienced the '>' in nickname bug (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12805&st=20&p=63934entry63934), but msgplus is still not loading. Please I really need to use msgplus. Help will be appreciated.

Regards from Mexico City

Gil.

• Hi there!!!

Is there any update for this? I need to run Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus on Windows 7, but I cannot go back to Antivirus 2009 because it is not compatible with Windows 7 :(.

Please Help!!!! I'm running without AV right now.

• Sorry if this is a thread revive (was on 2nd page) but I'm still getting this. Running Windows Vista SP1, 64 bit Ultimate.

The renaming of imguimsn.dll no longer works as BitDefender recreates the file after renaming.

If I start up Windows Live Messenger in Game Mode, Plus! loads and I can use a few limited features, but when I open a window with certain contacts (no particular discernable pattern), Messenger crashes.

I'm quite annoyed with this especially as I would've expected it to have been solved after nearly a month.

• I installed with Bitdefender AntiVirus 2010 build 13.0.15 With Windows 7 x86 Ultimate

Windows Live Messenger Build 14.0.8089.726 crashed repeatly, that's so annoying!

(Bitdefender Anti Virus 2009 have no problems)

plz fix it!

• Hello, BitDefender techs.

Lately, I've purchased and OEM version of BitDefender 2010. It worked fine, and seems to be a pretty solid software.

But I came into a problem: I can't log in into Windows Live Messenger. The program totally crashes as soon as I click "Log In" and appear the "Send Error Report" thingy. I've been looking around for a solution: here's what I've discovered:

· Renaming into Safe Mode imguimsn does not work.

· Uninstalled MSN Plus add-on worked, I could log in. Installed it and crashed. I tried the latest version, the 4,82a.

· Unmarking IM encription or traffic scan does not work but

· Unmarking "Real Time Protection" to "Disabled", the software instantanely logs in and works perfectly.. I close WL Messenger, re-active the Real Time protection... bam, error.

What could I do now?

• Hello all,

This issue is currently investigated by my colleagues from the Testing Team and we assure you that a fix will be releases soon. Usually, this issue occurs because of some users or group of users that are listed in Windows Live Messenger and their names have special characters .

AlbertoCarlos: You said that if you disable the BitDefender Real Time Protection you are able to login without any problems . Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, choose the Antivirus module and click on the Advanced Settings button. Disable Active Virus Control and look if you are able to login normally. Now, click on the Custom Level button under the Shield tab and uncheck "Scan Yahoo Messenger Traffic " and "Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic" then click on Ok. Look if the same issue occurs.

Thank you .

• Hello, Alex. Thanks for your help, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to login anyway. I still have to uncheck Real-Time Protection. It's the only thing that allows me logging in.

• I have the same problem which is Msgplus is not loaded with Bitdefender 2010 installed.

I am still waiting for the solution from the technical department at Bitdefender.

• I have the same problem which is Msgplus is not loaded with Bitdefender 2010 installed.

I am still waiting for the solution from the technical department at Bitdefender.

Ooooh my God,

Now my WLM closes itself right after logging in !!!!!!!!

Is this the time where we should go back to BD 2009 ?

• Hi,

I'm a bitdefender customer since 2008, I've never had a problem with any bitdefender product but with Bitdefender Total Security 2010(I've bought Bitdefender Total Security 2008 and Bitdefender Total Security 2009 and never had a problem with them).

I installed Bitdefender 2010 2 days ago, I had an issue with WLM but I fixed it with the safe mode trick. Everything is ok but my messenger plus live doesn't works anymore and I have to put Bitdefender into Game Mode to sign in on wlm(it doesn't work on normal mode)

any help is appreciated. Thanks

• Hey all!

I solved the problem!

I post a Screen , this is the easy Way ;-)

I hope it solves your problem.

B)B)B)

post-27910-1255346986_thumb.jpg

• Hey all!

I solved the problem!

B)B)B)

With this I still get the DEP problem. AHHH HELP !!!!

I'm surprised that it's taking so long for the bd techies so long to find a solution for a major problem.

• Bitdefender Antivirus 2010 Build v13.0.16 still have WLM Crashing problems + MSGplus Live couldn't loaded.

I just rolled back to BAV 2009. Everything goes very well.

• i find MLP still dnt work, and my WLM keeps crashing after a while! . i've already tried GodOFWars method but my MLP still dnt work.can someone help me with this. thanks alot. also, if there is an update to solve this bug i guess it'll be updated thru the bitdefender software updater? i dnt have to go look for a patch and stuff? thanks again.

• Hi there! Like many people here i have the same problem. I have Windows 7 and Bitdefender Internet Security, and Msn Plus doesn't work here too ..

Can someone fix this problem please?

Stay well

• Hello all,

Currently, my colleagues from the Development Team are working on a fix which will be available in our next major update, that we will be released in approximately 2 weeks. We apologize for this unfortunate sittuation.

Thank you .

• Hello all,

Currently, my colleagues from the Development Team are working on a fix which will be available in our next major update, that we will be released in approximately 2 weeks. We apologize for this unfortunate sittuation.

Thank you .

Oh... :D good news

that's what i waiting for...thx to tell us ^^

• Hi All, again:

I've applied this workaround and it worked for me: Plus! is loading and working correctly, however the '>' in nick bug is still there (i had to rename the dll files to work with msn).

Thanks Godofwar :)

Regards from Mexico.

Hey all!

I solved the problem!

B)B)B)

• i rename imguimsn.dll but it works only once

when i restart my computer or bitdefender makes update the problem is again here

its stupid to rename that file every single day or more stypid every 2 or 3 hours

• Same here, every time i reboot the pc, the dll's are 'magically' :P restored.

Please repair this, i'm going slightly mad :wacko:

i rename imguimsn.dll but it works only once

when i restart my computer or bitdefender makes update the problem is again here

its stupid to rename that file every single day or more stypid every 2 or 3 hours

• Hello Gilberto Velazquez,

This issue will be solved in approximately 2 weeks after we will release a major update. Until then please try the instructions posted here .

Thank you .

• Hi there!

Any news about this issue?

cumps

• Hey all!

I solved the problem!

B)B)B)

Thanks to you its worked for me

• This Problem IS Still HERE AT FEB 2010 ..!

• Hello RIP,

Please be so kind as to tell us the Build number for the BitDefender software installed on your computer. In order to find out this information please right click on the BitDefender icon from the system tray, choose About and look at the Product Information field.

Looking forward to having your reply!

Thank you.