Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 7 64b/bitdefender 2010 Av = Google Blocked

Greetings all,

I am currently testing the Bitdefender 2010 antivirus trial on windows 7 64b.

I didn't "instant buy" because the 2009 version is glitched so i wanted to be sure.

Everything is working great, love the product but there is one thing that is sort of preventing me dropping 29€ for the 1year licence:

All google domains are blocked. I can't access google, gmail, the preview images of youtube videos, etc...

It works fine before install, and after uninstall, but not in between.

This is the "free" official trial of windows 7 btw, valid 1 year or 6month, forgot. If i remember correctly it is as updated as the RC so this shouldn't be the issue.

I can ping google fine, just can't access it, be it with firefox or IE8.

I have checked the host file in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc but it looks fine.

I have tried disabling everything (real time protection etc) in BitDefender but problem persists.

I even ended up disabling the windows firewall (knew it wouldn't change much since ping goes through)

Only way to get access back is by uninstalling Bitdefender :/

Does anyone have any idea ? Did i miss something in the bitdefender options ? Only 27days left :P

Thanks a lot for your time !

Comments

• This happens after a completely fresh install too btw.

Install of 7, google works fine.

Install of Bitdefender, can't access google

Uninstall of Bitdefender, google works fine.

/cry

• Hello sherp,

Could you give a little more details, please? What exactly do you mean by: "all domains are blocked"? Do you get any errors, or alerts from BitDefender? What error does the browser show when you access one of those sites?

Cris.

• Hello sherp,

Could you give a little more details, please? What exactly do you mean by: "all domains are blocked"? Do you get any errors, or alerts from BitDefender? What error does the browser show when you access one of those sites?

Cris.

hi there

there are no messages and no alerts

browsers just state: waiting for www.google.com endlessly

by domain i mean anything hosted by google (gmail,etc)

i'm sorry for the lack of info, it is frustrating for me too :(

• Hi,

Please put the UI in advanced mode and try to disable modules (like antivirus, firewall, etc.) until it starts working.

Maybe you can isolate the problem this way.