Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

May I Have A Refund Please.

Options

Was happy with 2009.

Installed 2010 and have had nothing but problems. I purchased a 2 year 3 system key about a month ago for 3 XP SP3 systems in home, but have not had any of the issues resolved. Have put in several hours trouble shooting, uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. Network does not work, BitDefender services are unavailable, have to restart my systems, etc.

Thank you for your time, but I need to move on.

Comments

• Was happy with 2009.

Installed 2010 and have had nothing but problems. I purchased a 2 year 3 system key about a month ago for 3 XP SP3 systems in home, but have not had any of the issues resolved. Have put in several hours trouble shooting, uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. Network does not work, BitDefender services are unavailable, have to restart my systems, etc.

Ditto!!!! And I do mean ditto! I am having the exact same problem as you and I have already put in a request for my money to be refunded. For the last three years I have used BD and been very happy BUT this version has serious flaws. For the last week every morning I come in the program has crashed and created an Error report which I then send on to BD. I don't know why I do this since they have yet to respond to any of these error reports I have sent. I guess they are far too busy with other problems.

I think maybe they just wrote 2010 for Vista since the two Vista machines only have the simple "flaw" of BD telling them they have never searched for malware even after the search is completed.

• Good news it another fellow posted for a refund in this forum and received it. I am confidant we will not have any problems.

I don't write programs and am not a software engineer in anyway, but I am an experienced user of various software and hardware. Version 2010 just seems much more invasive. I even had a difficult time uninstalling it and had to go through the manual process.

Ditto!!!! And I do mean ditto! I am having the exact same problem as you and I have already put in a request for my money to be refunded. For the last three years I have used BD and been very happy BUT this version has serious flaws. For the last week every morning I come in the program has crashed and created an Error report which I then send on to BD. I don't know why I do this since they have yet to respond to any of these error reports I have sent. I guess they are far too busy with other problems.

I think maybe they just wrote 2010 for Vista since the two Vista machines only have the simple "flaw" of BD telling them they have never searched for malware even after the search is completed.

• What did you do to try to resolve the problems? Did you contact support?

• Yes sir, several things.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times.

I have contacted support twice and have heard from them once. First time today and that was in reference to Firefox not working. One of my minor problems.

I have posted on this forum prior asking for help.

I have spend a significant amount of time trying to trouble shoot the issue myself as the steps/process to submit to your tech support is tedious and time consuming.

I have called and spent 30 minutes on hold and then hung up.

I have connected with the online chat and was on hold for 20 minutes and hung up.

I hope that satisfies any concerns that I made little or no effort to resolve the problems. Quite the contrary. I feel I have been very patient and bent over backwards in an effort to make Bit Defender work on my systems.

I have uninstalled it and have installed another brand that seems to be working flawlessly after 3 days.

• e6shamroc
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Was happy with 2009.

You should be able to go back to 2009 and continue using it if you wish. I'm still using it because i won't touch 2010 right now with a 10 foot pole, not even if it was your pole. Just remove all of 2010 off your system first, if you're able to.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hello James G,

One of my colleagues from the Customer Care Department will contact you through the email in regards to your refund request . We regret your decision and do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any other questions.

Thank you .

This discussion has been closed.