Download Speed

I just purchesed BD2010 INT SEC, and have now installed it on my new laptop, before installing I removed the mcafee that was supplied with the laptop using the mcafee removal tool that I downloaded from the mcafee KB.

I use mega manager to download and since installing BD my download speed has been almost cut in half.

I was able to downoload at +/- 1.6 MB/s before, but now the speed is very unstable (goes from 1.4 mb/s to 99 kb/s in a flash) and will often fall to zero for 30 secs --> 1min.

I have tried the following steps

Remove BD (using downloaded installer to remove the appli) and re-installing.

Unchecking privacy control and http scanning (I have french language version as I live in france and my o/s is in french) followed with a re-start

Unchecked stealth mode, and checked that the application is set to "allowed"

I have added the reg key to skip the http scan for mega manager.

Despite all the above I still have the same problem. If i remove BD and re-install mcafee all works OK.

All browsing and mail works ok with BD 2010, however if I try to download from filefront or from rapidshare I still get horribly slow speeds.

As a doublecheck , I tried downloading the PES 2009 1.4 update from file front, with BD 2010 installed I had a download speed of +/- 100 kb/s, with mcafee 1.4 mb/s.

As an extra note, if I put BD into game mode mega manger will work at full speed for about 15 mins until the speed starts dropping again.

I purchased the download with a 2 year update for 3 pcs, so if this does not work I will have paid 60€ for nothing.

Do you have any other advice for me ? :(

Comments

• I have tried the settings changes in the above thread but still have the same problem,

I have since gone back to mcafee and all works OK, however mcafee runs out soon and I will need to get this to work.

I have a second laptop, I'm going to try mega manager with the 2nd laptop to see wether it might be an issue between BD2010 and some hardware drivers or software version of supplied software.

FOR INFO

I'm using a samsund r720 xev6 french language O/s and BD2010.

P7350

4 gb ram

hd4650 1go gddr3

Arthos (I thnink) wireless built in network card.

I'll get back with the result of the test on the other laptop