Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

When Will This Problem Be Fixed

Options

post-14196-1255713832_thumb.jpgplease see the attached 2 screen caps, in one you can see the frozen update sequence that occurred

whilst i was using my pc,(using winrar 3.90) virtually any thing that is using the hard disk will cause this to occur, or it will be very slow but complete,slow being 5mins or so, for no, or very small files?

it;s not good enough, to only way to get bd working again is for me to re-start my pc, restart !!restart !!! i'm sick to my teeth of restarting my bloody machine for this shoddy program,

the second screen you will see bd update history log,NOTE the times approximately every 30mins,

when the update schedule by default is every hour????what is going on, and more importantly when,oh when will this be fixed????this is really starting to p me off now, the product range 2010 was released over 3mths ago,and these are the sort of teething problem's you would associate with a product only 2weeks old, it's ok promising fixes, but where are they, whilst we are waiting our subscribed licences are running outpost-14196-1255713852_thumb.jpg

Comments

• I'm having the same problem. Sometimes BD will update fine. Other times, the icon will become gray, and I get the first screen that davey posted. Sometimes it goes away in 10 seconds, other times I'll give it 10 minutes, it never goes away, so I have to re-start.

But guess what, I've got a new, but similar problem. The icon will go gray, I double click it to bring up BD, but I don't get the updating screen. I get the normal menu, but it says there has never been an update, never been a scan, and there is no scan scheduled. It is not scanning files either. So I guess it is essentially not protecting my PC. When I restart my PC, all of those things are back to normal.

I've been really unhappy with BD10 after having BD09. I have to restart my PC at least once a day it seems. I was unhappy when I downloaded the trial and it wouldn't let me use it for a trial run (since I had used the trial for 09...which makes no sense, it is a completely different program, why can't I test it). If I would have known this program is so unstable, I would have went with another virus protection program. This really needs to be fixed.

• same here.

all these issues decribed in above posts have started happening on my PC too like a week ago.

WinXP Pro SP2 32bit

• And I've had to restart 3 times the past 3 hours. What a great product! You have to re-start your computer each hour, or else your computer isn't protected because the anti-virus shuts itself off.

• And I've had to restart 3 times the past 3 hours. What a great product! You have to re-start your computer each hour, or else your computer isn't protected because the anti-virus shuts itself off.

Certainly is,i have had this for ages now, i disable the auto update every time i do something like download or upload stuff,also any other program that uses the hdd, as if don't it will grey out and crash/hang and will not re init it's self,why it has to shut down to install small files is beyond believe,i also have the vulnerability module permanently disabled, i'm just wondering what i'll have to disable next, so my message to bd is this is not good enough,get yer finger out and fix it!!as with it running at the defaults it will not function correctly and causes major problems with our pc's,as they become unusable,or is that part of the masterplan?

• Certainly is,i have had this for ages now, i disable the auto update every time i do something like download or upload stuff,also any other program that uses the hdd, as if don't it will grey out and crash/hang and will not re init it's self,why it has to shut down to install small files is beyond believe,i also have the vulnerability module permanently disabled, i'm just wondering what i'll have to disable next, so my message to bd is this is not good enough,get yer finger out and fix it!!as with it running at the defaults it will not function correctly and causes major problems with our pc's,as they become unusable,or is that part of the masterplan?

here are some more screens of the bitdefender folder in commonfilespost-14196-1255810214_thumb.jpg

that was taken on the 13/10/2009

here is one taken today>> post-14196-1255810494_thumb.jpg

The point i'm trying to make is there are 2 folder's "av32bit" these are from the info from an e-mail from bd, are supposed to be in sequence such as :av32bit_15000 and av32bit_15001,which both change everytime there is an update so the av32bit_15000 would get deleted and become av32_15001, the new file would become av32_150002 and so on,but you can see in my second screen that there is a gap of more than 1, is this normal? as i have not been allowing it to update every hour or in my case every 30mins,is every update numbered by bd update servers?

• The folders you mentioned, davey, are not in sequence here too.

I think it's normal when you have autoupdate disabled for the reason that if you do manual update you get the latest one which might be signed on a BD server before it hits your PC.

Thus the numbers on our sides stay not in sequence as well.

But that's what I just assume.

I don't know how it works with autoupdate enabled, because I always do manual one to avoid any issues users report here.