Bitdefender 2010 Has Problems With Whs (windows Home Server)

Hello

Since I install BD Internet Security Trial, I cannot backup my computer anymore to Windows Home Server. Before it worked perfectly, but now I cannot backup anymore, after a while I get an error that the Volume Shadow Copy could not be created and that I shoud do a CHKDSK /R, which I tried but didn't help. After uninstalling BD 2010 everything works fine. Any ideas?

Comments

• After installing the trial of TS 2010, I cannot backup any more my computer to my Windows Home Server (WHS). Even after uninstalling BD TS 2010, I cannot use this backup function anymore. I alwys get a message that WHS cannot create a Volume Shadow Snapshot. It seems that BD modified some VSS elements.

There must be some entries left after uninstalling, which disable WHS backup.

• Hello Sayonara0

Try the following steps and let us know what happens :

1. Open BitDefender, click on Settings, choose the Expert Mode then click on Ok.

2. Select the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button.

3. If the Active Virus Control option is enabled, under Exclusion, click on the plus button, go to the next location:C:\WINDOWS\System32\ , look after vssvc.exe click on Open then click on Ok.

Let us know if the same issue occurred after that .

Thank you .

• Let us know if the same issue occurred after that .

Thank you .

Hello Alex Stanciu

Unfortunately not. The issue remains the same. What I have remarked is that Bitdefender Firewall never asks me to allow or block the backup engine from Windows Home Server (I set the Firewall to always ask me for permission). Windows Home Server Connector for example asked for permission to access Internet, as well as all other programs trying to access Internet, but not Home Server backup engine. Disabling the Firewall doesn't help either.

• By the way: I have Total Security installed, not Internet Security. After uninstalling, backups don't work either! I cannot backup anymore, since I installed it. The only solution which helps is to do a complete System Restore to a point before installing Bitdefender 2010.

• Reinstalling Windows solved the problem! Seems that there must have been a problem with a formerly installed Internet Security Suite (AVG), which could not be completely removed.