Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender - System Tray

Options

Hi, I am using BitDefender Internet Security 2010, and windows vista. I had a problem with the scan activity bar showing all the time,even when the checkbox was not selected. I noticed that someone else in the forum posted the same problem, so I deleted the file user_gensett.xml,that fixed the problem. Now I have the problem of BitDefender not showing in my system tray. I have it set to start with windows,and it always showed up in the system tray,whenever windows started,but now it does not?,does anyone know what I can do to fix this?Thank You. Phillip

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello riptorn,

I have sent you a personal message with the link to a ****** that should help you overcome this issue. Let us know if the same sittuation occurred after that .

Thank you .

• Hello riptorn,

I have sent you a personal message with the link to a ****** that should help you overcome this issue. Let us know if the same sittuation occurred after that .

Thank you .

I could do with that as well. I have to have the scan activity bar on the screen, as the icon doesn't always load into the system tray. I need *something* to indicate that BitDefender is working, and not going through one of it's 'services are not responding' issues. Alternatively, you could always change the code, so that, if the services aren't responding, something pops up on the screen to alert the user. Can't be difficult to implement something like that. After all, it's one problem for the software to fail in some way, but a probably even greater problem not to let the user know about it!

• my icon doesnt show up in my system tray.. pretty anoying and confusing

saw people got a ZIP file to fix this problem, so can anyone send me please? thank you

• And now it works. weird.