Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD 2010 Not Installing

Options

I kept getting a BSOD in my vista system with Bitdefender after installing. Finally figured it had to do with the network card. I unplugged the network cable, it would install. AFter plugging the cable back in, it would BSOD and reboot. It was working fine today, then I got the firewall error message. So I finally uninstalled Bitdefender using the unistall tool. Then did used CCleaner to remove any final traces of it. rebooted. And when I try to reinstall bitdefender, it pops up a message:

An error occured during the installation of assembly component

{63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}.

HRESULT:0x800736FD.

any help here would be appreciated.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello jesscad,

In order to be able to help you, please follow the steps from the next BitDefender article:http://www.bitdefender.com/KB389 and reply to our email with the requested files.

Thank you .

• Did everything in the email. awaiting a response.

Thank you

Hello jesscad,

In order to be able to help you, please follow the steps from the next BitDefender article:http://www.bitdefender.com/KB389 and reply to our email with the requested files.

Thank you .

• Here's the screen shot. I just tried to load it again.

post-20822-1252689047_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

I have downloaded 2 weeks ago BD Antivirus 2010. After a few days, the automatic update would not start - scanning the system revealed nothing suspicious - still I felt something was wrong. As it was a trial version (non expired), I deciced to buy the retail version of BD Antivirus 2010. Performed an uninstall of the trial version, but could not install the retail version... :huh: I am given the following error near installation completion: An error has occured during the installation of the assembly component {63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800736FD.

- BD Antivirus 2010 / retail DVD + update to latest parameters from internet when prompted at installation

- Computer: Acer Laptop with Vista Family Edition Premium SP2 with Windows Update telling no update is required

- no other security solutions are running.

Since I felt something was very wrong, I ran BD online scan who found the exploit.pdf-js.gen trojan and deleted it successfully - I then ran Malwarebytes who found another trojan and successfully deleted it. I ran again BD online scan who found the computer was clean.

I tried again to install BD antivirus again but same error code...

I know I have the latest Vista Windows update.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Norman

• Please help - I need to perform google searches and don't want to do that without viral protection...

Thanks

Norman

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hello Normansapin,

We have sent you an email that should help you overcome this issue . Please reply if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• Today I find my BD has a little problem, so I uninstall it, using official uninstall tool.

But when I reinstall it, I always encounter this problem, you can see this pic below.

Can someone help me?

Thx in advance.

post-7175-1256375231_thumb.jpg

• Hi cutler

install as an administrator.

• Hi cutler

install as an administrator.

Sorry, but the problem is still. :huh:

• I've upgraded my Bitdefender AV from 2009 to 2010 and, having cleared out the old version, every time I try to install 2010 I keep getting an error towards the end of installation that tells me there's a problem with one of the assembly components. Having read a few forum posts the general consensus is that Bitdefender Uninstall should fix this as it usually points towards 2009 files being left over.

So, following around 10 installs and subsequent uninstalls I'm left wondering what I can do to fix this? In the meantime I'm using Avast just so something is covering me but I'd prefer to get the product I've paid for.

Any help is appreciated.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello JamesB

Please post the exact error message (or a screenshot of it), along with general information about your system (operating system, other installed security solutions, etc...)

Cris.

• The exact error message is " Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly component {63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT:

0x800736FD". My system spec. is as follows:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

6GB RAM

Intel i7 920

Asus P6T board

Thanks

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello JamesB,

We have sent you an email with a possible workaround. Please reply if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

• Hi Alex

The suggestion worked. I've PMd you with the same so please respond with the follow-up.

Thanks

James

• I have encountered the same problem; Error while installing {63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E} HRESULT: 0x800736FD An error occured during the installation of assembly component

I have Vista 32 HE.

I have even tried installing .Net Framework and SQL 2008, but without any positive result.

Please advise!

post-28683-1257455107_thumb.jpg