Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 7 * Windows Live Messenger *

Options

Hi ,

Since i have bitdefender 2010 installed on my windows 7 system.

Everytime i login into messenger it keeps saying 'Windows live messenger not responding'.

I uninstalled bitdefender to check if its bitdefender and after i uninstalled bitdefender messenger is working fine.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance ,

Danny.

Comments

• Hi ,

Since i have bitdefender 2010 installed on my windows 7 system.

Everytime i login into messenger it keeps saying 'Windows live messenger not responding'.

I uninstalled bitdefender to check if its bitdefender and after i uninstalled bitdefender messenger is working fine.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance ,

Danny.

i have the same problem in win7 and in XP .. i think there is some problem with encryption system of BD2010 + messenger plus! live

waiting for the solution :(

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hello Danzwell,

It may be possible that this issue to be related with the one described here. Just in testing purpose we would like you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode and click on the Update module. Please choose to disable it permanently.

2. Start your computer in Safe Mode :

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

3. Go to the next location : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\ and rename the file called : imguimsn.dll into imguimsn.d_ .

4. Restart your computer in Normal Mode and let us know if the same issue occurred.

Thank you .

• Followed your steps and the problem is solved.

Thanks alot! ;)

• Oh excuse me ,

Everytime i run the update the problem comes back is there a permanent fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance

Yours,

Danny

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Danzwell,

Please right click on the BitDefender icon near from system tray (near your computer clock) and choose About. Let us know please what Build does your BitDefender product have.

Also, browse to the next location : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010, right click on the imguimsn.dll file and choose Properties. Click on the Version tab and let us know what version do you see there.

Thank you.