Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I'm Done....

Options

I've had enough of the can't updates, the conflicts with other programs, and general poor quality of the software. Even though I've got 200+ days left with the software I've had enough. I've decided to go with Kaspersky. I've learned my lesson about reading the industry reviews and they obviously can't be trusted to give a true picture. I've been through some rough patches with Norton and McAfee over the years but, BitDefender is far and away the WORST ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE I'VE EVER USED. PERIOD!

I wish the rest of you who stick it out, the best of luck, you'll need it.

Sincerely,

Steve

Comments

• I've had enough of the can't updates, the conflicts with other programs, and general poor quality of the software. Even though I've got 200+ days left with the software I've had enough. I've decided to go with Kaspersky. I've learned my lesson about reading the industry reviews and they obviously can't be trusted to give a true picture. I've been through some rough patches with Norton and McAfee over the years but, BitDefender is far and away the WORST ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE I'VE EVER USED. PERIOD!

Sincerely,

Steve

I understand, feel your pain and agree as well but look closely at Kaspersky, as they have their share of problems as well.. I'm holding out both of these till I see improvements in either one... Which ever one cures the problems first will probably get my money, MAYBE!!!!

• I have a feeling that I will be joining engineerboy if this update that is supposing coming a week or so doesn't fix all of these issues. I was plagued with the "BD has temporarily turned off for an update." That appears to be gone the last few days, but I just got hit with the automatic updates not working, so I had to restart, which seems to have fixed things temporarily.

If it isn't one thing, it's another. Really sad since 09 worked great for me :(

• Keep the door open for me too, I think i'm following shortly. I have nearly 2 years of license left. I just purchased BDIS and am a first-timer (with much doubt at this juncture)

Look, i understand these forums are to solve problems/complaints and yes, i recognize that ALL other competing programs probably have the same types of forums filled with people's problems.

I guess what i'm finding with my problem is that it's been around BDIS for several years and BD has done nothing to solve and the best 'answer' with this program is a cobbled mis-mash of various outdated forum posts mixed with a bunch of manual configuring. So far no answers from BD and so here i sit, wondering.. what's the solution? The company doesn't appear to care (at least enough to engineer a solution) and so hey, my choices are to screw around trying to do what should be accomplished with 2 clicks or.. find a program that DOES allow me to do so.

Here's my post..

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16458

• Norman_24
    edited November 2009
    Options

I'm subscribe to both BD and KIS email notifications when someone post any problems... And believe me when I say, there are as many problem post with KIS as there are with BD if not more... I would wait a few more weeks as both claim they will have an update to their product... Will see!!!

• And if you don't believe me and not concerned, look here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=4

• Oh i don't disagree that all software has problems.. Much of the stuff i see in this forum, i've also personally had and been able to figure out and fix myself.

My problem is that for whatever reason, BD seems to think its preferable to push the obligation to configure their software to be compatible with a major part of the operating system (media center and extenders) on the end user. This type of compatibility should be ALREADY built and tested before it ships. And, if not, why isn't there some type of guide or instructions to get it done besides an assorted collection of 3 year old forum posts that link from one place to the next to the next. Based on the age of the posts, .....THREE years its been around and still no fix ? No bulletin, no guide to get it done?

My main complaint isn't that there's problems with the software but more with the company not building a product or providing some type of instruction on how make their product interact with a major part of the OS that they build it for.

I don't wanna spend 2 hrs manually configuring all of this crap.. In the amount of time i've wasted and will waste doing that, I could (and most likely will) just go buy something else. Its 2009 and it seems like BD thinks this is 1994 where we are in an environment where extensive configuring and tinkering are required just to make 'things work like they normally should'

Its unrealistic and a terrible way to do business and awful customer service IMO

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello engineerboy,

We are sorry that BitDefender did not worked for you as you expected . In case you still have our product installed and if you want us to help you in solving these issues, please follow the steps described bellow:

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish.

5. Go to the desktop and upload the file that was created by the SupportTool on http://www.sendspace.com/, then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached.

Thank you.

• I've had enough of the can't updates, the conflicts with other programs, and general poor quality of the software. Even though I've got 200+ days left with the software I've had enough. I've decided to go with Kaspersky. I've learned my lesson about reading the industry reviews and they obviously can't be trusted to give a true picture. I've been through some rough patches with Norton and McAfee over the years but, BitDefender is far and away the WORST ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE I'VE EVER USED. PERIOD!

Sincerely,

Steve

MEMORANDUM VIA FAX AND EMAIL THIS DATE

TO: BitDefender LLC.

6301 NW 5th Way, Suite 3500

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.

Fax: 954-776-6462

Herman Street

2425 Lincoln Avenue

Ogden, UT 84401

Fax: 801-394-3265

FROM: Albert Whitehead (Tech support Ticket No. 200911231012087)

*** ** ** Street

Philadelphia, PA. 191**

Phone: (215) ***-****

Email: **********@aol.com

SUBJECT: Refund demand

DATE: November 25th, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

1. On or about 11/08/2008, I purchased BitDefender Anti-Virus 2009. (Attached is a copy of my original packing slip for immediate reference) BitDefender 2009 seemed to operate without any significant problems.

2. On or about 10/13/2009, I renewed my license by purchasing BitDefender Anti-Virus 2010 at a price of $23.89. However, I have experienced problems from the very beginning. BitDefender 2010 was slowing my computer down, freezing up and other very frustrating problems. Problems that I did NOT experience with BitDefender 2009. When I initially called tech support they had me make some settings changes but the problems persisted.

3. On or about 11/23/09 I again called tech support and that was the beginning of an emotionally and psychologically devastating ordeal that lasted 3 days. Since I am 68 years of age and not very computer literate I faithfully followed the advice of the tech support technician, which was as follows.

Tech support indicated that since I do not have 1G of RAM (I have 500 MB's of RAM) that BitDefender 2010 was not ideal for my system. Consequently, they then advised me to UNINSTALL 2010 and then download BitDefender 2009, which I did. (Since I have dial-up the download took about 4 hours). Moreover, the new download did NOT have any trial period license and my computer has been unprotected at the fault of BitDefender. I was told that I would receive a downgraded license key for BitDefender 2009, which would be in effect as long as my 2010 license would have been. Moreover, tech support kept telling me (over a 3 day period) that they would e-mail the new license key but to no avail. As of this writing I have been waiting 5 days for the promised license key. Ironically, when I placed my order I received the license key in a manner of minutes. Each time I called I was blatantly lied to by tech support telling me (from the first day) that I would receive the license key within 24 hours. Each day 11/23; 11/24; & 11/25/2009, I was offered the same untruthful answers.

4. On 11/25/2009, I attempted to call “customer service” at 954-776-6262, to request a refund but that phone number merely lead me NOT to “customer service,” but to the inept tech support who just gave me the same frustrating run-around.

5. On or about 11/25/2009, due to frustration that literally brought me to tears, I filed a formal complaint with the office of the Florida Attorney General.

The bottom line is BitDefender refuses to send me the promised license key and refuses to refund my money, and THAT is totally unacceptable. I intend to relentlessly pursue what I am legally and morally due. I will post on the Internet, write to the newspapers and do everything in my human power to seek redress! I will NOT allow BitDefender to accept my money but refuse to offer the services for which I paid, notwithstanding the refusal to give me a refund that I initially requested well within the 30-day period beginning on or about 10/13/2009, when I first encountered the problems with Bitdefender 2010.

My perception of the BitDefender tech support is that they simply lie to get the frustrated consumer off the phone and I want nothing more to do with BitDefender. Ironically, the June 2009 issue of Consumer Reports has rated BitDefender in the 6th position below Eset, (eset.com) McAfee, (us.mcafee.com) Microsoft, (onecare.live.com) Symantec (Symantec.com) and Kaspersky; (kaspersky.com). Moreover, 2 of the 3 free stand-alone programs outscored BitDefender; now what does that tell you? It tells me BitDefender is far inferior both in effectiveness and tech support.

In conclusion, tech support was consistently apologetic and just as consistently INEFFECTIVE AND INEFFICIENT, plain and simple!

Thanking you, in advance, for your attention to this matter, for whatever it’s worth!

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hello Albert ,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated and it will be directed to the appropriate team for review.

We have cheeked the emails hat you received from us and from what we saw, my colleagues tried to help you in changing your license key. As it was explained to you, due to unknown reasons we were not able to find the license key that you have purchased for the 2010 product. That is why, in order to solve this sittuation, please check the email that you received when you have purchased BitDefender and reply to my colleagues email with the license key for BitDefender Antivirus 2010 . After that, I assure you that you will receive a new serial number valid for BitDefender Antivirus 2009.

Once again please accept our apologizes for any inconveniences this situation might have caused and we are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• stew
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hello Albert ,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated and it will be directed to the appropriate team for review.

We have cheeked the emails hat you received from us and from what we saw, my colleagues tried to help you in changing your license key. As it was explained to you, due to unknown reasons we were not able to find the license key that you have purchased for the 2010 product. That is why, in order to solve this sittuation, please check the email that you received when you have purchased BitDefender and reply to my colleagues email with the license key for BitDefender Antivirus 2010 . After that, I assure you that you will receive a new serial number valid for BitDefender Antivirus 2009.

Once again please accept our apologizes for any inconveniences this situation might have caused and we are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

I would dearly love to know where I can download the 2009 internet security version as I still have almost 2 years on my 2010 licence that I have tried on 4 computers and had nothing but problems.

• Found and installed Internet Security 2009. Been close to an hour and no issues. Even sent e-mail with attachements although I now seem to be limited to less than a 2 mb attachment. Mind you it has barely been an hour, if I encounter the same problems I will trash BD and get another security suite or freeware.

I must say I am truly disgusted with the 2010 version and once my licence runs out I will not be back.