Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2010 Locking My Usb Drive

Options

hi there.

Everytime i use my USB external hard drive.

After im done with it. I cannot Eject it.

this only happens with BD2010 and Not BD2009

the file that is locking the External hard drive is called Vsserv.exe

can you please have a look at this.

Thank you

Comments

• here is a picture that BD is locking my USB

15j9y9.png

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hello ddreamer,

We are aware of this sittuation and currently, my colleagues from the Testing Team are investigating it. We will keep you posted as soon as we have any new information about it.

Thank you .

• Hi, I have the same problem...

Is there a way to stop vsserv.exe temporally? In the settings or something, just until I have disconnected the drive?

• Why isn't there a way to shut down Bit Defender, so that I can eject my drive..

*SORRY* for double posting but I can't find a way to edit my last message.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello RNico,

Due to security reasons, in our latest BitDefender product was introduced a self protect system, which will not allow any modifications on the program files or registries. You can disable from the product different modules, but the main BitDefender service(vsserv.exe) will still remain active.

Thank you .

• Okey ;)

But what should we do about the ex. drives?

I mean, we have to be able to take it out without shutting down our computers all the time...

tnx.

• Alex,

Any update on this problem?

Yannis

• So whats going on to fix this problem because it is still a big problem the rest of the product works fine to me but I don't like the way it holds on to usb hard drives like that. Is there anywhere in the program that you can tell it not do that, or is there going to be a patch out to fix this problem??

• I have the same problem with my WD USB External HDD. I can't turn it off unless I turn my PC off and disconnect the device.

We need a fix for this problem.

• I have a similar problem but instead i cannot even use my USB unless i disable registry control.

Check out my thread if you want here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16573

• Will there be any solution to the problem.

• Please somebody reply to this topic

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Ashoktvm,

This issue have been fixed but we have not released the update yet, because we need to make some further tests . I will add a post here as soon as the update which contains the fix will be available.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this sittuation may have caused .

Thank you .

• yannis2701
    edited January 2010
    Options

ALex,

The locking problem still exists.

Don't tell me you're still testing the fix the techs found months ago???

Please post an update to this issue, since it's very annoying!

Yannis2701