Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Major Update Causes Usb Problems

Options

After the major update of 3 November 2009, my computer does not detect any USB flash drive, printer (USB ports in general) unless i disable registry control. Also registry control detects all kind of new weird things like "no, 0.0.0.0, 192.168.1.1 " as well as several undecipherable ones with random characters.When opening "Your Uninstaller" registry control goes out of control with all kind of random weird characters from Your Uninstaller; which never happened before.

Can someone help me to resolve this. Thanks in Advance.

P.S. I am still unable to execute a System Restore since installing BIS 2010, and would like to know if any solution has been found for that problem. Thanks

Comments

• Could not edit my previous post. Made a mistake.

P.S. I am still unable to execute a System Restore since installing Bitdefender Anti-virus 2010, and would like to know if any solution has been found for that problem. Thanks

I have Bitdefender Anti-virus 2010.

• angelo0015
    edited November 2009
    Options

I hope an update would soon fix the Registry Control because this is what causes the USB ports not to function. As long as the Registry control is disable it works. But without the Registry Control enabled, it defeats one of the main security aspects :(:( . I hope an update would soon fix this problem.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hello Nick20,

In order to be able to further investigate the issues caused by Registry Control we would like you follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link .

Also, please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Privacy Control module and click on the Registry tab. Please take a screen-shot of this window, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link.

Steps that will help you make a screen-shot:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you.

• Hello Nick20,

In order to be able to further investigate the issues caused by Registry Control we would like you follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link .

Also, please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Privacy Control module and click on the Registry tab. Please take a screen-shot of this window, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link.

Steps that will help you make a screen-shot:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you.

Thanks for finally noticing users complaint. I know your trying to help now but i already uninstall Bitdefender and am using something else :D

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello all,

This issue have been fixed . Please update your BitDefender, reboot your system and enable the Registry Control option. In case the same sittuation occurs, please post your reply here.

Thank you.

• Hello all,

This issue have been fixed . Please update your BitDefender, reboot your system and enable the Registry Control option. In case the same sittuation occurs, please post your reply here.

Thank you.

The System Restore issue has NOT been fixed. I receive a message that system restore did not complete because of "access denied" of a file. I had everything disabled in the BitDefender 2010 contol panel. Had to UNINSTALL BitDefender for the system restore to complete successfully. A Ticket for this issue was created November 1st, with no solution as yet. I had previously used BitDefender 2008, and was never able to do a restore with it either, but did not know that BitDefender was the reason.