Big Problems After Major Update

After the major update there seems to be a flood of problems:-

1) Cant detect flash drives until registry control is disabled.

If the registry control is enabled and i insert a flash drive the Total attempts blocked value increases

by 1 as if a major threat has been blocked !!

2) No audio device detected hence no sound !!! also the volume control icon besides the clock has disappeared.

3) vsserv.exe taking too much CPU sometimes

I feel like my pc has been hijacked !!!!

Help someone !!!

Comments

• sorry to say, but you're one of many victims of the last product update,

and reading many comments about this problem there's no solution yet.

i could restore my system thanks to norton ghost but other ppl who don't have this possibility

just have to either reinstall the program or wait for a fix that BD team is hopefully working on atm.

• The root of the problem seems to be with the Registry Control module.

I disabled registry control and restarted the computer and ..... the above problems are gone !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope the BD team releases a fix soon and something good comes out of this !!

• The root of the problem seems to be with the Registry Control module.

I disabled registry control and restarted the computer and ..... the above problems are gone !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope the BD team releases a fix soon and something good comes out of this !!

I take it that you are referring to bd TS2010? and not the IS & AV products?

as these also have the update problem and don't have a reg control module,

as i think that will be an add on ,for the Total security product

• I take it that you are referring to bd TS2010? and not the IS & AV products?

as these also have the update problem and don't have a reg control module,

as i think that will be an add on ,for the Total security product

This is wrong because the BD AV 2010 does have the registry control also. And this is what causing the problem.

• BitDefender Internet Security does have Registry Control. In Expert mode, click Privacy Control > click Registry (the tab at the top)

• Like Kunalkoool, I lost my audio after applying the update. Fortunately, I was able to use Norton GoBack (on my XP machine) to roll back. I noticed in Device Manager that "Windows Kernel Audio Wave Mixer" had the yellow ! icon, and a message that the driver installed but couldn't find a device.

I also had major boot problems. Sometimes the system seems to just stop while loading startup items. Sometimes a complete freeze (even the clock doesn't update), other times it seems to be just stopped, as if there's a deadlock between two applications. I'm thinking BD AV 2010 and ZoneAlarm Pro, which also has a component that monitors the registry. It looks like BD may lock down the registry TOO well. It even prompted me when Windows wanted to modify an entry.

For now, I've turned on the update option to prompt before download, so I can select only the signature updates from the resulting list and bypass the major update. I think I'll wait for an update to the major update before I apply it.

• Yes i am referring to BDTS 2010.

Though i did not have any update problems.

The only problem i am having now is registry control module is disabled so pc is not fully protected !!

• Hello kunalkoool,

This issue was already discussed in the next topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16573 . Please follow the steps described in my post and send me a Pm with the download link of the support tool report.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.