Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Major Update Causes Bd Connection Problem

Comments

• I was reading another post in the forum about a different problem caused by this major product update and I learned something I didn't know. Perhaps some or all of you posting here did know this, but I didn't so I want to share it anyway.

You can be selective about which updates you install, just like with Windows Updates. Updates/Settings/Automatic Update Settings and under "Confirm Update" click on Prompt before downloading updates ---- and then under Manual Update select the same thing.

This guy also said before installing any BitDefender product updates to be sure and set a restore point so you can roll back if the update causes problems.

I uninstalled and reinstalled again and then used the settings above under the Update section. Sure enough a box popped up showing 2 items and giving the download size of each. One was the signatures update, and the other was that big product update. I selected to download only the signatures update for now and am hoping this will solve the "can not connect" problem until they get things straightened out. I guess we'll see what happens. Right now I have engine 7.28768.

• And just to add: this morning two updates did squeeze through but the rest of them are giving me this error.

And when the updates do squeeze through, I get the "Bitdefender services are not responding" message or the "Critical error" message. :(

I am also encountering the same problem.whenever going for an update, automatic or manual,it is showing "bitdefender service encountered a critical error"and and asking to submit bug which contains the following files...screenshots are attached.I am at a loss.please help ....

post-28739-1257498294_thumb.png

• AndreiRC
    edited November 2009

Interesting approach, Nikilet. The thing is you won't be able to deny the major update forever. At some point, you will probably have to download it and install it. :(

As for me, my first two automatical updates of the day worked without errors. I am now at AV version at 7.28773 since a few minutes ago.

Alex, any news from Technical Support?

• mine on xp is 7.28776, updates are hit and miss,but at least no vsserv.exe shut down during every update,unlike vistax64 ,

but the autoupdate is not stable(a bit like the product itself)

post-14196-1257524037_thumb.jpg

• Yep, the auto-update is still unstable. The first three auto-updates of the day went successful, without me doing anything to get to that success. However, the fourth one failed and I had to do it manually. Then the fifth auto-update was successful too.

AV version: like Davey, 7.28776.

• I have not received any automatic updates today. None of my settings have changed. When trying to manual update I still get the "Could not connect" error. Engine Ver. 7.28761

• mine on xp is 7.28776, updates are hit and miss,but at least no vsserv.exe shut down during every update,unlike vistax64 ,

but the auto update is not stable(a bit like the product itself)

[/quote

well the first 3 update of vista x64bit completed as they should,the first suffered a iu glitch,in that it displayed 0 in the total update field

but downloaded and installed sum 300+ kb/s without further problem,but they are slow, i noticed the vsserv issue has also returned as yet too here's hoping,

av sigs as @17:58 4482029 and engine:7.28778 (vistax64)

• AndreiRC
    edited November 2009
    av sigs as @17:58 4482029 and engine:7.28778

Same numbers here since 30 minutes ago. Auto-updates are still shaky. Looks like we're not going to get any news till Monday though.

• With a lot of pushing I'm at AV Version 7.28775.

Thanks for the info Nikilet! I had seen this setting, but thought it would only give me a popup with a choice whether to download or not. I didn't realize it would give the option of selecting the downloads as well!

However, I agree with AndreiRC that it's only a temporary solution at best! I will not settle for anything less than a normal functioning product, which is what we've paid for!

Yannis

• With a lot of pushing I'm at AV Version 7.28775.

Thanks for the info Nikilet! I had seen this setting, but thought it would only give me a popup with a choice whether to download or not. I didn't realize it would give the option of selecting the downloads as well!

However, I agree with AndreiRC that it's only a temporary solution at best! I will not settle for anything less than a normal functioning product, which is what we've paid for!

Yannis

I couldn't agree with you more. I won't settle either. However, this is at least a temporary reprieve which offers security for my computer. With all the new attacks coming out every hour, when you can't get your security program to update for hours, much less days, that's a pretty critical issue. Although I didn't realize that at some point I will be forced to install. Thing is, as Viscon said, at least this gives you the option to set a Restore Point so that you can roll back instead of uninstalling, reinstalling, doing all these other things for hours on end to try and get the program to update. Now that I know it will eventually force me to install I'm going to start setting several Restore Points throughout the time I'm on my computer so that hopefully I can just roll back.

I haven't been so lucky as AndreiRC as he has been getting sporadic updates. After my 5:34 p.m. update yesterday it went back to "Can not connect" and I absolutely couldn't get it to update again no matter what I did. I tried -- everything that's been suggested, everything I had tried before which occasionally worked and allowed me to get an update, plus some new things -- over and over until around 10:30. No go. But, during one of those one-hour or several-hour time spans when you can't get the program to update maybe one of those new viruses is going to sneak through and give you a lot more trouble than what BD itself is giving you.

It was still worth it for me. This is a major security issue which was reported on Nov. 3rd and what has BD done for any of us? As one poster said, they haven't even done us the courtesy of letting us know they are working on it, asking us to hang in there, assuring us that they will soon have a fix. Nothing! And as also stated by another poster, why can't they simply issue some kind of "Undo" update until they get this worked out? There is no consistent, dependable, concerned interaction between BD tech support and its costomers. They leave us flapping in the wind with no consideration, not even polite enough to make an appearance and reassure us.

• I couldn't agree with you more. I won't settle either. However, this is at least a temporary reprieve which offers security for my computer. With all the new attacks coming out every hour, when you can't get your security program to update for hours, much less days, that's a pretty critical issue. Although I didn't realize that at some point I will be forced to install. Thing is, as Viscon said, at least this gives you the option to set a Restore Point so that you can roll back instead of uninstalling, reinstalling, doing all these other things for hours on end to try and get the program to update. Now that I know it will eventually force me to install I'm going to start setting several Restore Points throughout the time I'm on my computer so that hopefully I can just roll back.

I haven't been so lucky as AndreiRC as he has been getting sporadic updates. After my 5:34 p.m. update yesterday it went back to "Can not connect" and I absolutely couldn't get it to update again no matter what I did. I tried -- everything that's been suggested, everything I had tried before which occasionally worked and allowed me to get an update, plus some new things -- over and over until around 10:30. No go. But, during one of those one-hour or several-hour time spans when you can't get the program to update maybe one of those new viruses is going to sneak through and give you a lot more trouble than what BD itself is giving you.

It was still worth it for me. This is a major security issue which was reported on Nov. 3rd and what has BD done for any of us? As one poster said, they haven't even done us the courtesy of letting us know they are working on it, asking us to hang in there, assuring us that they will soon have a fix. Nothing! And as also stated by another poster, why can't they simply issue some kind of "Undo" update until they get this worked out? There is no consistent, dependable, concerned interaction between BD tech support and its costomers. They leave us flapping in the wind with no consideration, not even polite enough to make an appearance and reassure us.

• Sorry folks. I hit a wrong button somewhere and got this entered twice.

• Well, I wasn't really getting those updates. I was pretty much pushing them in manually to get downloaded and installed. That's how I managed to stay updated until now. It is quite frustrating but I refuse to remain unprotected, despite this major bug.

I guess we'll wait till Monday to get some news about this.

• I guess I really don't understand what you mean when you say you were pushing them through. When my updating quit altogether last night I tried just clicking on that Update Now button again and again for long stretches and it didn't do a thing. Is that what you mean ... that you just kept clicking on that and it does finally update for you?

• I guess I really don't understand what you mean when you say you were pushing them through. When my updating quit altogether last night I tried just clicking on that Update Now button again and again for long stretches and it didn't do a thing. Is that what you mean ... that you just kept clicking on that and it does finally update for you?

I would imagine that to be the case,as that is what i have also done on that occasions when it for whatever reason FAILED,and it's not getting any better, from boot, the first 3 updates seem to complete ok, but on the 4th some2hrs later it usually will fail,as bd will check for updates 1minute after load up,then 30mins later and then hourly,

after i manually push the update button,(following a failed attempt) it will update OK for 3 times then fail i have posted a screen shot of the update history log that also shows that pattern

• Nikilet,

At first I thought no updates passed on my computer as well. Then I read AndreiRC's "pushing through", and started to push the update button repeatedly, let it run until it gives an error and then hit update again, or with luck, installs an update. It works, but sometimes takes twenty "pushes" or more to succeed! It seems even the bugs are not consequent in this software! :P

Yannis

(Now at AV-version 7.28778)

Yes, that is what I am doing, pushing Update Now until the update gets downloaded and installed.

Right now, I got a big chunk of signatures, 1984 KB, and they installed fine.

AV 7.28791

• dave r
    edited November 2009

post-14196-1257602055_thumb.jpg

Yes, that is what I am doing, pushing Update Now until the update gets downloaded and installed.

Right now, I got a big chunk of signatures, 1984 KB, and they installed fine.

AV 7.28791

well as of booting in xp just before this crap they call an Internet security suite will NOT update

A. by auto updating by it's self

B. by user intervention (manually pressing the update button REPEATEDLY

I also seriously doubt the ineffectiveness of this product against viral infections too, i would say it is definitely compromised by these issues

Maybe if it is a possibility, the major update could be reversed, as they need to do a lot more work on it ,obviously rushed out without proper testing, As for this problem of failed updates, I'm simply not going to push updates any more if it don't update by itself i will be seeking a extra day for every day it fails, the count is already 4days,oh and if it keeps causing my online gaming sessions to stop by crashing the game,i'll be finding other security solution,and will make it my goal to make sure the public are made very aware of just how good this garbage really is,

• I thought that's what you meant, Andrei, about pushing through, but as I stated that did not work for me. That one evening when I finally un/reinstalled I pushed that Update Now button steady for 4 hours or more and it just never worked.

I've had the same thoughts, also, that davey expressed ... wondering if this program is even a decent option for security right now, updates or no updates. I have about 582 days left on my sub because I foolishly renewed for 2 years at a time when 2009 was really working well for me, but I've been checking into other things and may very well make a change whether I get a refund or not.

BitDefender needs to put someone online reading all these posts because they need to make some drastic changes in their policy of releasing programs and program updates that aren't ready, and in responding to customers who need help or I can't see how they can have much of a future. They have really harmed themselves: 1. By rushing to put this 2010 program out in the first place. 2. By putting out this horrible destroyer they call a product update, and 3. by not giving all of their customers enough help and attention with all the harm, worry and stress they have caused us.

Even if they get it straightened out and everything works fine, I don't think I want to be with a company anymore that won't give decent support. As I stated previously, I've thought about leaving BD ever since 2008 because of the lack of tech support and this situation may finally be the "straw." Both their chat support and their tech support are jokes of the worst kind. And here's an even bigger joke. One of the things that made me go with BD originally were several places which told of their great tech support. Either this company changed drastically, and overnight, or you can't pay any attention to these reviews.

• As i have two installs of this inferior software, both now will not even attempt to update when pushed(manually initiated )

the famous error message that it could not connect,is pure bs,i see that it makes a connection sometimes 3 different ip addresses

but it cannot download the available content,(thats when it actually does check the server) for it to instantly fail without checking (less than 1 second)it's don't have a clue what it's doing i think,major upgrade,lol who do they think they are kidding, they have broken it, so by the time someone actually get's around to fixing it another week as past us by,a week without what we have paid for UPDATES hourly!!! not maybe now maybe next week , btw, i found the latest install kit,dated 6/11/2009, and the game mode works ok, but the ain't no change with the updates,or lack of it maybe a server side problem, it sounds very odd to me, but as people have said bit defender seriously need to get it fixed,or scrap the idea altogether and use what worked 2009 and 2008 ranges,cause this version is unbelievable one problem after another it does not stop,

• Are y'all ready for the 8th Wonder of the World? I received a reply from BitDefender tech support tonight. It didn't say much other than they are working to solve the matter as soon as possible and so sorry for the inconvenience. I replied, and I laid it all out there, all the thoughts and frustrations that have been voiced in this forum. I wasn't abusive, but I didn't pull any punches. I covered the release of this 2010 program in the first place, then the release of this major update which I informed them I have named the "destroyer" and also their lack of response to their customer's needs. Following is just a quote from my email, which was quite long.

"We are not beta testers. Do you understand that? We depend on you to take

care of that before you release a program. We are PAYING CUSTOMERS depending

on you to keep our computers safe."

Davey -- You could do what I did thanks to another poster in this forum who suggested it. At least you would be getting regular updates. Un and reinstall it (with UAC turned off) and then when it wants to update after reinstall don't let it. Go into your Update settings and leave it on automatic, but go to the settings tab and select to prompt before downloading updates under both auto and manual. It takes user interaction because then every time an update comes through you'll get a window showing you what's there. De-select that major update and click on ok to update the signatures. Lots of times that window pops up with just the major update listed and when that happens I just click on the cancel button.

A pain in the neck? Yeh, but not near as big a pain as letting a virus get through because you can't update and maybe reinstalling Windows and everything else you have instead of reinstalling BitDefender. It's your choice but that's what I did and everything has been working. I've also been setting Restore Points occasionally, naming them with the engine version at the time, just in case that major update would somehow sneak through. I normally leave my computer on but now have been shutting down at night when I know I'm done because of the interaction required for updates.

• I normally leave my computer on but now have been shutting down at night when I know I'm done because of the interaction required for updates.

I've been shutting down more than usual as well...and it is absolutely PATHETIC that paying customers have to resort to this garbage.

• Nikilet,

You were contacted by Bitdefender tech support? That makes me wonder whether I have to reconsider the existence of Santa Claus! :D

Thanks a lot for voicing our frustations to them! Let's see how serious they take this problem!

Also they have to be expedient about it, since I have the same concerns regarding the safety of my computer as you all have. I simply don't trust this software anymore! And in Dutch they have an old expression: "Trust comes by foot, but leaves on horseback!" So Bitdefender better make their solution a very good and fast one!

Yannis

• I have reinstalled BitDefender IS2010 for the fourth time this week making use of the uninstall tool from BD website. But I am still unable to receive any form of update, manual or automatic. Its great that other customers are able to "push through" their updates. But I get nothing! I have tried Nikilet's solution of preventing the major update but the thing is that I don't get any updates to prevent. No matter how many times I click update I get the same error, "Could not connect", and I mean I've sat there clicking update for 10 minutes.

Today I now no longer receive the usual "Could not connect" error but I now get "HTTP error 403". As like everyone I am very frustrated with BD and I regret having ever payed for and installed their software. I expect an apology from BD for their shocking customer care services. This is really ridiculous. It should not matter that it is the weekend, this issue needs to be addressed. Feedback from BD with regards to this issue should have been addressed to the paying customers the minute this crisis happened. Communication is the key to a good relationship and its basic knowledge to keeping customers happy.

post-28718-1257691890_thumb.png

• I downloaded the link: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2010_32b.exe

and downloaded the link: http://download.bitdefender.com/updates/bi.../x86/weekly.exe

But when the following update warning:

omj21njsb091dsbjx1qn.gif

now What I do??

I want update

I am waiting for your help

thanks

• I downloaded the link: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2010_32b.exe

and downloaded the link: http://download.bitdefender.com/updates/bi.../x86/weekly.exe

But when the following update warning:

omj21njsb091dsbjx1qn.gif

now What I do??

I want update

I am waiting for your help

thanks

Hi, it looks like you downloaded the weekly updates for version 2008 and not 2010, as far i know i think that you have to use the version 2010 if that is what you have on your pc, im sorry i can't be of more help, as i have only used this method once when i was using the 2008 product

• reza.ezouji
    edited November 2009
    Hi, it looks like you downloaded the weekly updates for version 2008 and not 2010, as far i know i think that you have to use the version 2010 if that is what you have on your pc, im sorry i can't be of more help, as i have only used this method once when i was using the 2008 product

hello davey

Thank you from the track

Now how do I update BitDefender 2010 total security 2010?

Update will be?

• I believe you need to find the weekly.exe file for BD 2010. I don't know what the link to that is. Maybe someone else knows.

• I believe you need to find the weekly.exe file for BD 2010. I don't know what the link to that is. Maybe someone else knows.

I registered this forum Recently.

Who can help me ?

Only you are in this active

What is your BitDefender?

Antivirus 2010,Internet Security 2010 or Total Security 2010?

Where you come from?

• I'm not the only one active in here. There are plenty of other guys here who are active. Maybe one of them can help you.

I have Antivirus 2010.

• I registered this forum Recently.

Who can help me ?

Where you come from?

You can find the updates at http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Deskt...ts-Updates.html

Wish you luck, because I wasn't able to update for four days now, not automatic, not manually (and I'm not the only one).

• reza.ezouji
    edited November 2009
    You can find the updates at http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Deskt...ts-Updates.html

Wish you luck, because I wasn't able to update for four days now, not automatic, not manually (and I'm not the only one).

i have BitDefender Total Security 2010

51yy0quq1q5m0r7p1pj.gif

I think this link is appropriate for me: ( http://download.bitdefender.com/updates/bi...x86/weekly.exe)

Thank you again for help.

good Night davey. its 22:33 in tehran(iran)

• dave r
    edited November 2009
    I registered this forum Recently.

Who can help me ?

Where you come from?

well i was in the middle of posting the info but from a forum link,with posts of that being problematic too,surprise surprise,not! but beta defender stopped my net connection,it was doing similar last night also after a few hours of activity and no connect at all tcp,udp even ping would not work? so i uninstantiated and still no connect,but after a repaired the tcp stack to win default all ok again,so this

anti virus is as bad for you as having a virus it would seem, so i'm back with the previous version of 2010 build 13.0.16.313 and manually updating rejecting the product update,(that screws everything up) and will not be downloading it until i see plenty of evidence that it has been rectified,infact it needs a completely fresh upgrade now as i doubt there would be any recovery of the current one build 13.0.17 don't download it or use it

• well i was in the middle of posting the info but from a forum link,with posts of that being problematic too,surprise surprise,not! but beta defender stopped my net connection,it was doing similar last night also after a few hours of activity and no connect at all tcp,udp even ping would not work? so i UN-INSTALLED and still no connect,but after a repaired the tcp stack to win default all ok again,so this

anti virus is as bad for you as having a virus it would seem, so i'm back with the previous version of 2010 build 13.0.16.313 and manually updating rejecting the product update,(that screws everything up) and will not be downloading it until i see plenty of evidence that it has been rectified,infact it needs a completely fresh upgrade now as i doubt there would be any recovery of the current one build 13.0.17 Download it and use it at your own risk

• Any news here, Technical Support?

• Hello all,

Thank you for the livesrv reports that you have provided us through this topic. They are currently analyzed by my colleagues from the Testing team. They also need to analyze some logs created by our support tool, so if possible, in the moment when you have this update issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link .

We are sorry that you had to face this issues with our product and we are looking forward to your replies.

Thank you.

• I have reinstalled BitDefender IS2010 for the fourth time this week making use of the uninstall tool from BD website. But I am still unable to receive any form of update, manual or automatic. Its great that other customers are able to "push through" their updates. But I get nothing! I have tried Nikilet's solution of preventing the major update but the thing is that I don't get any updates to prevent. No matter how many times I click update I get the same error, "Could not connect", and I mean I've sat there clicking update for 10 minutes.

Today I now no longer receive the usual "Could not connect" error but I now get "HTTP error 403". As like everyone I am very frustrated with BD and I regret having ever payed for and installed their software. I expect an apology from BD for their shocking customer care services. This is really ridiculous. It should not matter that it is the weekend, this issue needs to be addressed. Feedback from BD with regards to this issue should have been addressed to the paying customers the minute this crisis happened. Communication is the key to a good relationship and its basic knowledge to keeping customers happy.

Are you sure you stopped BitDefender from updating right after the install? You know it wants to do that automatically and if that went through then you again have that major update that caused all the problems. I watched for that update screen right after install and I stopped it.

• Hello all,

Thank you for the livesrv reports that you have provided us through this topic. They are currently analyzed by my colleagues from the Testing team. They also need to analyze some logs created by our support tool, so if possible, in the moment when you have this update issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link .

We are sorry that you had to face this issues with our product and we are looking forward to your replies.

Thank you.

Alex: I am one of those who supplied you with a log file earlier in this post, when I still had that major update. This answer would seem to indicate that you want that major update applied before sending you this file you are requesting. Let me tell you there is no way! Someone else will have to be your lab rat because there's no way I'm applying that update and further, when you come out with a "fix" for all this I won't be applying that either. Not until I've checked and re-checked this forum and know that your fix has worked. Any company who could do this to their paying customers ... Well, I just don't trust the program or even the people behind it as this point. This has been going on since Nov. 3 and it is Nov. 9. Absolutely outrageous!

By uninstalling, reinstalling and stopping that auto update after reinstall, then setting my Update options so I can keep rejecting that major update, I at least have things working although I don't honestly feel at all SECURE with this program. If I have any further problems with it in its present state on my computer, then I'm done with it altogether.

• Alex: I am one of those who supplied you with a log file earlier in this post, when I still had that major update. This answer would seem to indicate that you want that major update applied before sending you this file you are requesting. Let me tell you there is no way! Someone else will have to be your lab rat because there's no way I'm applying that update and further, when you come out with a "fix" for all this I won't be applying that either. Not until I've checked and re-checked this forum and know that your fix has worked. Any company who could do this to their paying customers ... Well, I just don't trust the program or even the people behind it as this point. This has been going on since Nov. 3 and it is Nov. 9. Absolutely outrageous!

By uninstalling, reinstalling and stopping that auto update after reinstall, then setting my Update options so I can keep rejecting that major update, I at least have things working although I don't honestly feel at all SECURE with this program. If I have any further problems with it in its present state on my computer, then I'm done with it altogether.

What i would do in bd's position ,is firstly take the "corrupted product update"*see in brackets..* (13.06.17) off the update server's, so that we the paying customers can once again update automatically or send the necessary files so the server chink's we have the 13.06.17 surely these are viable possibilities ???(*i say "corrupt",this may not be so, but however it certainly cripples a already weak security app *,)

At least then the end user would be better able to receive the benefits that this product is supposed to offer up-to date protection via hourly virus definition signatures one of the key factors for this product,to be effective to detect new viruses ect

• What i would do in bd's position ,is firstly take the "corrupted product update"*see in brackets..* (13.06.17) off the update server's, so that we the paying customers can once again update automatically or send the necessary files so the server think's we have the 13.06.17 surely these are viable possibilities ???(*i say "corrupt",this may not be so, but however it certainly cripples a already weak security app *,)

At least then the end user would be better able to receive the benefits that this product is supposed to offer up-to date protection via hourly virus definition signatures one of the key factors for this product,to be effective to detect new viruses ect

why won't this forum let you correct error's??? working nearly as lame as the av product that we are complaining about

all this to change a 'c' to a 't'

• Sadly, I don't even have the 13.0.16 version as installer, I only have the 13.0.15 version. And even if I would have the 13.0.16 version, I'd say that uninstalling and reinstalling is out of the question for me. Too much of a headache, I'm not much of a computer person.

I'll provide the log file that Alex requested when I get the update error message. Since he made that post, I had an auto-update that went through without issues. At the first failed auto-update, I'll get the log generated.

• Ok, it took the tool about 10 minutes to run but here's the log that you requested, Alex. It's about 6 MBs in size. Hope it helps your team to sort things out.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0t1wvu

• By the way ... I hope that if I would ever run the Support Tool again, I don't get another BitDefender Support Tool folder on my desktop. Because I am unable to delete that folder (which is empty) and I wouldn't want to fill my screen with BD Support Tool folders.

• What i would do in bd's position ,is firstly take the "corrupted product update"*see in brackets..* (13.06.17) off the update server's, so that we the paying customers can once again update automatically or send the necessary files so the server chink's we have the 13.06.17 surely these are viable possibilities ???(*i say "corrupt",this may not be so, but however it certainly cripples a already weak security app *,)

davey: I am no computer whiz, but I have a good common-sense head on my shoulders and it sure seems to me like what you have suggested above would be a viable option. This update is so far off the mark that it should be tossed anyway. They need to start all over, using this update only as a reference for what didn't work. Thing that scares me is that if they don't take if off the server, do away with it, that means that I am going to have to install this before I can install whatever fix they come up with after the fact. So, because this update turned out to be such a complete and total mess, what they should be doing is taking it off the server and telling all their customers who applied it to uninstall and reinstall. That would at least get people back to the point there were before this, which wasn't great but still a whole lot better than what people have had to deal with since this update.

It's already been 6 days and still no solution so that would be a lot better option than this waiting game. Why don't you write tech support and propose this?

I just hope this debacle has taught them something -- that they don't ever again feel being first out with the new year's version is more important than having happy customers -- and then throwing something together like this awful update to try and fix it all. Almost makes you wonder what kind of computer whizes they have on their team.

• So, because this update turned out to be such a complete and total mess, what they should be doing is taking it off the server and telling all their customers who applied it to uninstall and reinstall. That would at least get people back to the point there were before this, which wasn't great but still a whole lot better than what people have had to deal with since this update.

What happens to the customers who don't have 13.0.16 as their installer? I would assume that BD would have that as their installer on their servers or something. I'm not going back to 13.0.15 and update to 13.0.16, because I had some issues with that particular update too when doing it.

• What happens to the customers who don't have 13.0.16 as their installer? I would assume that BD would have that as their installer on their servers or something. I'm not going back to 13.0.15 and update to 13.0.16, because I had some issues with that particular update too when doing it.

They probably don't know what to do,lol maybe they are too busy getting the 2011 beta ready for beta testers,lol,

it would seem that they don't give a dam!, as it would not take too much effort for them to post the 13.0.16 version for download again,hey i have the 32bit version,i could put it up on rapidshare or hotfile i may still even have the 64bit version too , for those stuck with the current version,if bd don't want to provide us with it,

that would be one way to roll back,unless bd would not like that,as we can't have a lab rat giving the orders and going over their heads heaven forbid, yeh i got a sense of humor ,but patience is wearing very thin with this sad excuse of a security app

as for suggesting thing to bd,that would not be a problem, the problem would be them acting as a result,

i don't think what has been suggested here in this forum is asking too much at all,seeing as their ain't another product upgrade as yet, And their is a plus side for bd in this too as they would ultimately have less pressure to release an upgrade,as we all (more or less) would have a working app again, but i can suggest this idea to them,but i would not hold your breath, but you never know

• hey i have the 32bit version,i could put it up on rapidshare or hotfile i may still even have the 64bit version too , for those stuck with the current version,if bd don't want to provide us with it,

I would assume you have BIS 2010, not BD AV 2010. I'm not looking into getting BIS though. Perhaps that could help those who have BIS.

• I would assume you have BIS 2010, not BD AV 2010. I'm not looking into getting BIS though. Perhaps that could help those who have BIS.

yes that is correct bd is 2010 both 32 and 64bit, also bdts2010 x64 but i'm not sure how old that is

• yes that is correct bd is 2010 both 32 and 64bit, also bdts2010 x64 but i'm not sure how old that is

here is a link to download BD IS 2010 x32 bit version 13.0.16 29/10/2009

this download is not available from BD any more as the download kit offered is the 13.0.17 version

so i make this available for anyone who wishes to roll back until a proper fix is released link is rapidshare, but i can also post on hotfile

or those who only are using the anti virus app could use this instead as a 30day trial by which time i would hope the issues are resolved

for those who wish to take this course of action

INSTRUCTIONS: firstly in order to keep this 13.0.16 version as it is, before you start installation make sure that you disable your internet connection briefly during this set up as it will try /ask to upgrade to the current not working version,after set up is complete it will prompt you to perform a quick scan and download updates un-select this box also unless you want, re-boot if prompted,

open the update module, go into settings, select "prompt before downloading updates"on both automatic and manually settings(see screen)post-14196-1257875113_thumb.jpg

you can also set bd to only check for(prompt you) updates at whatever interval you want, or you can just press the update button when you wish to update the product, NOTE it will also keep presenting a PRODUCT UPDATE, please DON'T select this or you will end up in the same situation as you are/have been in just keep selecting the virus signatures and you would get these new problems associated with the 13.0.017 release

*******>>>>download link<<<<*********************

• Nikilet
    edited November 2009

I may have a new problem now. I turned my computer off around 2:30 this morning. Rebooted around 2 pm today and clicked Update Now. At first the window opened showing a large signatures update (over 2700 KB) and the product update. I selected only the signature update and clicked OK.

Perhaps 30 seconds later I checked to see the progress and it showed that it had downloaded this update and was now in the process of installing it. About 30 seconds after that it quit and showed "No update available." It shows that the last update was performed at 2:19 a.m. There would have to be updates since 2:30 in the morning when I shut down. I will wait awhile and see what happens but I'm just about to the end of my rope with this situation.

I see some are reporting a problem now with uninstalling and reinstalling because the download file now is the build with that update. One would think this company would at least provide the previous build for people wanting to do this. Luckily I kept my original download file that I used on Oct. 5th when I originally installed this piece of crap.

I'm headed to do some in depth checking on another program. If the updating doesn't start working on BDIS I have two options. I still have my original BDIS 2009 installation file too so I can uninstall and go back to that, or go with a new program.