Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Needs To Close...its Driving Me Insane

Options

Hi guys,

Just like to say great job you are doing. I had several problems and managed to fix all but one, just following your advice for others. Thanks for the superantispyware tip with detailed instructions on how to run in safe mode. Fixed the problem a treat and as I'm not a computer whiz, I needed the help.

Ok, current problem is...Bitdefender keeps throwing up a error message need to close. Sometimes I can tie it to an update that failed and then sometimes not. Sometimes, but not all it is preceded with a brief bcdm message that pops up on screen several times at once that just states 'a required resource was' and thats it, with a big ok button at the bottom. I have noticed that these messages most often pop up when I am using a media program, other times I am not even at the computer and I hear the ding at the other side of the house. This all happens three or four times a day. Clear as mud?

I have tried a repair. No effect. Bitdefender, superantispyware, rogue remover and spybot all say I am completely virus free.

I have automatic update enabled, and generally it works, when I get an error message I update with the manual button till it goes through. Should I change the alternate update site address to different one from primary? Has anyone got any other suggestions? That required resource message drives me barmy.

Oh I am using antivirus plus version 10. Its a download version with no cd.

thanks for your time

keep smiling :D

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

The 'a required resource was' problem is a serious problem related only to BD AV Plus (and, probably, nVidia graphics drivers). It has been discussed on this forum a lot, yet no solution has been found.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...ic=269&st=0

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=432

If you can, try to switch to BD IS, because, as I understood, this version doesn't have this issue. Another reason to switch to BD IS is that BD AV Plus series will not be continued to version 11.

Cris.

• The 'a required resource was' problem is a serious problem related only to BD AV Plus (and, probably, nVidia graphics drivers). It has been discussed on this forum a lot, yet no solution has been found.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...ic=269&st=0

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=432

If you can, try to switch to BD IS, because, as I understood, this version doesn't have this issue. Another reason to switch to BD IS is that BD AV Plus series will not be continued to version 11.

Cris.

I have BD 10 Plus, and nVidia video card, however, I don't have that problem. My only problem seams to be the GUI one. I have the latest nVidida drivers.

Andrei

• claudiu
    Options

1. always try to have the latest patches for your OS

2. Latest Driver

3. if you have a nvidia graphic card remove nwiz and nvcpl from system startup (Start-Run->msconfig -> Startup tab )

• claudiu
    edited July 2007
    Options

BTW, this topic fixed the problem. Cris change your post :P

It has been discussed on this forum a lot, yet no solution has been found.
  • alexcrist
    Options
    BTW, this topic fixed the problem. Cris change your post :P

At the moment of that last post, it seemed that the problem was finally fixed. Then, that topic was closed and Pinned.

But the problem was not solved. As a result (because the first topic was closed), the second topic (the second link I posted) appeared. As you can see in that topic, the solution found by BD Team was only partial. As a result, the first topic was removed from the Pinned section.

Bottom line: the problem was not fixed. As proof you have this topic, which reports the same problem.

Cris.

• akabarb
    Options

Hi guys,

Thanks for your fast response and those links to previous discussions. I didn't find them in my search.

Unfortunately the only solution seems to be to switch to a different product. And that all comes down to a question of money.

As much as I like the bitdefender deal, there is no way I am going to throw more money at a company that is selling a product with a known major problem and no fix.

I understand compatability with all programs/software is a tricky business, especially when there is no consensus on what is causing the problem, or if its only one cause, but my computer at least cannot run on BD alone.

It would be nice to know if the tech gods behind this product are still looking for an answer to the problem, or if they have just written those of us off as suckers, who are still buying this product off their website, or through their vendors. I will await a response to my email.

For the interest of those who are still interested in this problem, yes I use nvidea drives, and although their use ensures I see the message, it does appear even when the computer is not accessing them. The only other thing I seem to have in common with the others is a torrent client, but I have bitcomet rather then emule, and again the message appears even when it is not running.

Appreciate the help

:P

• claudiu
    Options

i have the same antivirus . same version. i am running both emule and bitcomet. i have the latest nvidia drivers and guess what ... no problems.

Once again, are you using the latest patches for your system? What OS are you running? Let's troubleshoot the problem and not just point our finger in one direction without knowing the real problem. Why are you so sure it's Bitdefender's fault?

• Hi there

I ge the same problem "a required resource was".

I am running Bitdefender AV Plus V10, on Windows XP Pro.

I have NO NVidia display card ( I have onboard Intel for Dell Latitude D505 notebook)

I have NO peer2peer software

Previously, with Bitdefender V9 I never had a problem, and, even for the first few months running V10 never had a problem. This error started only a few days ago which tells me that it might be part of some update??

I had to upgrade from Bitdef V9 to V10 because V9 was unable to remove the Worm.RJump.K from my USB flashdrive.

PLEASE would the guys from Softwin come up with an easy solution? Please?

• alexcrist
    Options
    PLEASE would the guys from Softwin come up with an easy solution? Please?

I don't think this problem will be fixed very soon (not until BD v11 will be released, anyway).

An easy solution is to go back to BD v9 (if you say you never had problems with it). Since you got rid of the virus that BD v9 couldn't remove, then it's safe to go back to it. You only have to roll back to v9 until v11 is released.

BD v11 has a totally different interface and that shouldn't generate such errors. As far as I know, it will officially be released in a couple of months, so... you just have to wait. :(

@everyone who has this problem: you have to understand that this issue has been studied very hard by the people at BD. Also, it has been partially fixed, but not entirely. This issue is very complex and the fact that this problem doesn't appear to everybody makes it even harder to fix.

The full fix of this problem will be BDv11, which will have an totally different interface.

• nicolae
    Options
    I don't think this problem will be fixed very soon (not until BD v11 will be released, anyway).

An easy solution is to go back to BD v9 (if you say you never had problems with it). Since you got rid of the virus that BD v9 couldn't remove, then it's safe to go back to it. You only have to roll back to v9 until v11 is released.

BD v11 has a totally different interface and that shouldn't generate such errors. As far as I know, it will officially be released in a couple of months, so... you just have to wait. :(

@everyone who has this problem: you have to understand that this issue has been studied very hard by the people at BD. Also, it has been partially fixed, but not entirely. This issue is very complex and the fact that this problem doesn't appear to everybody makes it even harder to fix.

The full fix of this problem will be BDv11, which will have an totally different interface.

HI

TRY THIS: disable automatic up date. You must manual up date 1 for day no more. For my works no problem ;i have every morning manual up date 1 for day no more.

• alexcrist
    Options
    HI

TRY THIS: disable automatic up date. You must manual up date 1 for day no more. For my works no problem ;i have every morning manual up date 1 for day no more.

If anyone tries this possible solution and finds that it works, please post here. It will help other users as well ;)

• jfh
    Options

Not a fix, but there is a convenient work around in my post here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=1391