Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Need To Close Bitdefender And Can´t

Options

Hello, Im using BitDefender v2010 and its great but I have a problem... I dont know why but Im trying to play a game and windows said that it had an error and had to close and one time that BitDefender had an error and close I could play so now I need to close BitDefender to play and after I play Ill open it again but I dont know how to close BitDefender so can anyone tell me how to close it so that I can play_

In advance Thanks.

Comments

• Usman
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hi Nox

Gamer mode is great for this , easy to apply .

Right click on the Bitdefender Icon and 'turn on Gamer mode'. All the Bitdefender Products have gamer mode.

this will allow you to play games and run them without issues and bitdefender is less intrusive during your gaming session.

I play regularly Need for speed Shift and do so to initialise the game.

• Hi Nox

Gamer mode is great for this , easy to apply .

Right click on the Bitdefender Icon and 'turn on Gamer mode'. All the Bitdefender Products have gamer mode.

this will allow you to play games and run them without issues and bitdefender is less intrusive during your gaming session.

I play regularly Need for speed Shift and do so to initialise the game.

I always use Gamer Mode one of the thing I love about BitDefender hehe but still the problem continues... I have tryed everything and the only thing that makes the game work is having BitDefender closed...

• I always use Gamer Mode one of the thing I love about BitDefender hehe but still the problem continues... I have tryed everything and the only thing that makes the game work is having BitDefender closed...

Which Game are you trying to run and are having issues with ?

• Which Game are you trying to run and are having issues with ?

Having problems with Borderlands... I could play before with my XP but the upgraded to Windows 7 and all my other games work perfect and even better but this Borderlands is the only one Im having probles with

• I believe opening up msconfig

and stoping the bitdefender services from starting up maybe one way ? but not the easiest.

You could alternatively run the .exe file of the game in compatability mode , as in in XP mode that maywell work it has in the past for me with some ganes.

• I believe opening up msconfig

and stoping the bitdefender services from starting up maybe one way ? but not the easiest.

You could alternatively run the .exe file of the game in compatability mode , as in in XP mode that maywell work it has in the past for me with some ganes.

Ok thanks Ill try that =D

• nop no luck I removed it from the Startup menu in msconfig but its still starting when I start my PC... theres no way to really close BitDefender?...

• nop no luck I removed it from the Startup menu in msconfig but its still starting when I start my PC... theres no way to really close BitDefender?...

Hi, this is a new problem with" game mode" as it is no longer working fully as of the product update on 03/11/2009(13.0.017) along with several other problems if your version is the current one, and you installed it prior to the 3/11/09, the install kit will most probably be the 13.0.16 version or earlier, so providing that you still have the download kit or the 2010 disk then uninstall and run the uninstall tool that is available (download this first) to make sure it's gone from your system, after maybe 2 restarts

run bd installer, it will prompt to download the latest version if your net is on, don't allow it keep the installer. at the end of install, following reboot don't auto update and scan,press finish /then open bd sec centre, set up the product setting how you wish, disabling the ones you don't need, adding games that are not listed,go to update module, / see screens for details on how to avoid the product updates until a working one is released>>>>>post-14196-1257995190_thumb.jpg<<<<<<<<<<<<<

when you manually update bd you will get a pop up screen that allows you to only download virus sigs or /and product updates see>>>>post-14196-1257995206_thumb.jpg this do not select,make sure you don't download it or you will be back to where you are now

as for temporary disabling bd this is possible to achieve without being a computer geek it's done by a visit to device manager, and disabling the correct bd driver and following a reboot you will be able to stop bd services but note certain viruses /malware can also do this too until you return it to the default state btw on vistax64 im now running bd is 2010 here(13.0.15)post-14196-1257995860_thumb.jpg without any major issues, i have already uploader a copy of the x86 bd is 2010 version 13.0.16 to rapidshare.com as it is no longer available from bd , if anyone needs this earlier version please pm me, and i'll upload it for you and give you the download link