Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Error..

Options

hey,

i am using bitdefender internet security 2010..when i try to update,getting above mentioned error..i have already sent 3 reports to the bitdefender customer care email add..still didnt get any reply..please help me..this is soo annoying..thanx..

Comments

• hey,

i am using bitdefender internet security 2010..when i try to update,getting above mentioned error..i have already sent 3 reports to the bitdefender customer care email add..still didnt get any reply..please help me..this is soo annoying..thanx..

sadly this is a problem that only occurred after the major product update,and as yet there is no proper solution released from bd as yet, version 13.0.17 is the version affected as it is the current version,

in the meantime,should you have a earlier version ,installed before 03/11/09 then you could basically rollback to that,providing the earlier version installer kit that you downloaded is still on your HDD, if not and your o/s is Windows 32bit win 7- vista- xp, I have uploaded version 13.0.16 to rapidshare for people to download if they need it,

to rollback un-install the current version, using the un-install tool from here> Un-install tool< after a restart install again, but don't allow a product update, if your Internet is on during install it will prompt to download newer version cancel this, install dont let it auto update, complete install procedure , after re start open bd security center, select update module, select settings ,and change the default settings as per screen shot,update settings and then you can keep choosing to reject the product update see>Do not allow this to download,

as a result of rollback, you will have to manually accept /reject offered updates, or just manually update when you choose to, it's not an ideal solution but until bd release a proper functioning solution via update system or fresh installer kits it's as about as good as you can get BD-IS x32bit 13.0.16 exe

• hey davey,

i followed these steps.now its getting updates..thanx a lot dude..

cheers!

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello charith84,

We have released a fix that should help you overcome this issue. Please update your BitDefender, reboot your system and you should not encounter the same issue anymore. Let us know what happens.

Thank you.

• hey Alex,

i did get your email.i am so scared to update the BD.cos that prob was so annoying...are you sure that same problem won't happen?

• I think someone is getting a little mixed up, just to clarify things all the issues that exist within the current build(version) from 3/11/09 onwards, are not in the build 13.0.16, but once you allowed the product update, to be downloaded and installed the version changed to , To find out which version(build ) that you are running simply right click on the system tray icon.(red ball)and select about from the menu

so if it says 13.0.17 + *** and you are experiencing serious problems even following this latest product update, then

as suggested earlier you can rollback by un-installing the current version and installing the version from the link,13.0.16. which i am still using and is still working without any probs, apart from having to keep blocking that product update until i know for sure everything is finally fixed, and from what people seem to be saying today it sure isn't looking like things are fixed yet, certainly nothing there to convince me,

• Hello charith84,

We have released a fix that should help you overcome this issue. Please update your BitDefender, reboot your system and you should not encounter the same issue anymore. Let us know what happens.

Thank you.

hey alex,

everything got fixed..thank you very much..its nice to tell that bitdefender has the best customer care support..cheers!

• Hello charith84,

Thank you.

Alex,

I don't understand the instructions to update BitDefender. Can you please explain it in simple terms. I have posted several comments asking for help and have not received any other than other users tagging onto my issue.

• Alex,

I don't understand the instructions to update BitDefender. Can you please explain it in simple terms. I have posted several comments asking for help and have not received any other than other users tagging onto my issue.

Karin,

Easiest way is to uninstall and reinstall bitdefender.

During reinstallation, dont click on yes if it ask you to download new version... simply install it without downloading anything. As soon as you finish installation... go to expert mode and do a manual update 2 to 3 times until it downloaded the proper update. After that it should work..

• Alex,

Hi!

Switch to Advanced View in BitDefender then go to Update section and click Update Now.