Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserve.exe 100% Cpu Usage

Options

How do I stop vsserve.exe from using so much of my computing cycles. The longer the machine is on, the higher it's usage goes. Is there a patch for Bit Defender Anti-Virus? I'd be willing to completely uninstall BD and download fixed a version then re-install if it would work.

Comments

• How do I stop vsserve.exe from using so much of my computing cycles. The longer the machine is on, the higher it's usage goes. Is there a patch for Bit Defender Anti-Virus? I'd be willing to completely uninstall BD and download fixed a version then re-install if it would work.

Hi Roo,

See if there is any scanning action performing (or update). If it does it is the explanation to your question. Once it will be finished (scan), the computer usage should get back to normal. If no scanning action is running, then try to reboot the system and see what's happening.

You may disable automatic every(day)(week) scanning if you are this is the issue.

You can re-install of BD AV only if there is no solution to your problem. Eventually, download the latest builds from BD site and try to re-install. You may also use the supporttool.exe from BD installation directory.

Cheers!

• Hi Roo,

See if there is any scanning action performing (or update). If it does it is the explanation to your question. Once it will be finished (scan), the computer usage should get back to normal. If no scanning action is running, then try to reboot the system and see what's happening.

You may disable automatic every(day)(week) scanning if you are this is the issue.

You can re-install of BD AV only if there is no solution to your problem. Eventually, download the latest builds from BD site and try to re-install. You may also use the supporttool.exe from BD installation directory.

Cheers!

The high cpu usage when idle was one of the problems for me also using bdis 2010 build 13.0.17 and vista x64 it didn't use 100% but was around 85% and was doing nothing it appeared to stay running for an unknown reason, maybe to kill the cpu? if you can't find the cause and fix it, then maybe rolling back may help, if you are using a x32bit o/s

• The high cpu usage when idle was one of the problems for me also using bdis 2010 build 13.0.17 and vista x64 it didn't use 100% but was around 85% and was doing nothing it appeared to stay running for an unknown reason, maybe to kill the cpu? if you can't find the cause and fix it, then maybe rolling back may help, if you are using a x32bit o/s

Hi davey,

Recently I has had this problem too but after a reboot things came back to normal. Twice this problem reproduced with my BD IS 2010 installed. I don't think a rollback will help. If the problem persists try the help provided by customer care (using supporttool.exe from BD installation directory).

If you are 100% sure that there is no scanning action performing this could be a problem and if it's known, an update will fix this (hope).

;-)